• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Would you want to be a fashion model?

PearlK

Adult
I did some catwalk fashion modelling quite a few years ago. Just once - sort of an amateur fundraising night for a school event.

I tripped over.

I had to laugh. (Everybody else in the room did!)

xxP

PS. We raised enough money for the event. I like to think it was my performance that did it.

Diommy

No. It was never my dream ... Perhaps a designer of beautiful clothes .... Mmmm, I'll think about it.

Honeybunny

I've wanted to be a model for quite some time. LOL I've been scouted for it. I'm 6'2" long legged and naturally tan... but since I'm not size zero I never took it seriously... but now days modeling is much more inclusive. So I'd love to give it a try... I'd just need to figure out what style to model. :p

Christinegirl

Staff member
It might depend on what jobs are available. For example, someone may be looking for a model to pose in certain outfits.

Just a friendly warning: you might like to take along a friend with you on photo shoots (and be careful of hidden cameras in changing rooms). Sometimes someone will advertise for a model for a "family friendly" ad/layout in a catalog - but when the model gets to the shoot, the photographer wants her to wear a bikini, revealing outfits, etc. and eventually maybe even pose nude. She's pressured into it (especially if she's alone), she's told "everyone does it", "it's just a part of being a model", "you're not a prude are you", "you won't get payed if you don't", etc. And she figures as she's already there, she might as well - even though she doesn't want to. But if someone is with her, they can speak up for her (especially if it's her brother, boyfriend, etc.)

Good luck, hon. :)

Honeybunny

It might depend on what jobs are available. For example, someone may be looking for a model to pose in certain outfits.

Just a friendly warning: you might like to take along a friend with you on photo shoots (and be careful of hidden cameras in changing rooms). Sometimes someone will advertise for a model for a "family friendly" ad/layout in a catalog - but when the model gets to the shoot, the photographer wants her to wear a bikini, revealing outfits, etc. and eventually maybe even pose nude. She's pressured into it (especially if she's alone), she's told "everyone does it", "it's just a part of being a model", "you're not a prude are you", "you won't get payed if you don't", etc. And she figures as she's already there, she might as well - even though she doesn't want to. But if someone is with her, they can speak up for her (especially if it's her brother, boyfriend, etc.)

Good luck, hon. :)
Thanks for the little warning :) I'm sadly devoid of any males except for a very not preferable father... but frankly I'm not afraid of posing in any type of clothes or nude. I lost my filter years ago, sadly, between being a actor and changing in mixed sex rooms at the theater greenrooms I'm largely immune to such things. Unfortunate to loose one's innocence thru being sexually objectified in general by the culture (not traumatically) at a early age, but it happens. Still VERY good advice for young girls who would like to keep their full innocence, because the world isn't all glam and no bad. I'd say there is much good and much bad. Butttttttttttttttttttt a bf would be rather helpful in those moments.

Christinegirl

Staff member
Unfortunately, too many women and girls who pose nude are often raped/sexually assaulted also. So it can be a potentially dangerous situation for anyone.

linaaa

its my dream to become a model. I have long legs and am the perfect height, and i've started losing weight now (don't worry its healthy) so that i fit the measurements and my mum says we can go talk to some agencies in a couple of months :)