• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

What's your morning routine?

Holz2Cute

When you get up in the morning what do you to set you up for the day?
What do you like to eat? Do you exercise? What get's you pumped for the day!
Right now I find myself getting up, eating breakfast and crawling back into bed to watch Youtube videos for an hour or 2... Help me get excited for the day! Inspire!

missy23232323

Watching utube for 2 hours is way too long Holly...lol
I do loaf around in bed when I wake up but its only for like 15 to 30 mins max.
When im loafing I usually think of my plans n goals for the day...then if its exciting or urgent enuff I will jump off my bed...lol
I usually makes fast n small breakfast to get it outta way then off to grooming.
I probably spends more time deciding wat to wear than eating breakfast...lol
I have a little garden outside my room so I like smelling the blossoms or simply look at them before I leave the house.
Sometimes I watch bits of TV before going out. I cant drive and dont own a car so the time I leave the house depends on my train or bus timetable..lol

nicky_188

I wake up, hit snooze a few times. I really struggle with getting out of bed. Then I brush my teeth and out on my make up. I'm really slow at doing all this.
But then I rush to get dressed, make a lunch and head out the door. It's not the calmest routine but it's something I'm trying to change like you.
Nicky.

Last edited by a moderator:

rabbithabit

if i sleep home, alone. First I check Phone for messages or e emails. I have coffee then take shower, dress, brush hair and do makeup. i clean house, make bed, do regular and delicate laundry. Those are my only routine wake up activities at home if i am alone. if have friend sleep with me or sleep out nothing seems routine to me.

ShyMJ

The first thing I do when I get up in the morning is exercising and taking a cold shower. It allows me to feel full of energy all day long. My breakfast should be not very hard for my stomach so I prefer eating a banana and drinking some juice. After that, I brush my teeth (I use only natural care products, even my bamboo toothbrush is 100% natural). After all those things I have half an hour to do something I want before work. I prefer watching the news or checking my sister's homework before she went to school.

Last edited by a moderator:

Annabelle6

I have always had a really tough time developing a good morning ritual as I am a lover of sleep and comfort, like most people, and until I had any self-discipline my routine would consist of mostly hitting the snooze button and getting “just 5 more minutes” of sleep.

Once I had some self-discipline I started to work hard on a good ritual that would keep me energized and motivated throughout the day. Here is my current morning ritual:

1. Waking up at 5:00 a.m. I know this will sound crazy to most people but I feel best when I wake up early. There is a certain sense of calm in the world and everything is peaceful because there is no stress yet.
  2. Being grateful. As soon as I get up I just stand up and look outside the window. Sometimes I even go out in my sleep clothes and I just take in the surroundings and try to be grateful for whatever I can. I spend about 10-minutes doing this.
  3. Taking a shower right away. To get to the point where I was able to consistently stand up at 5 in the morning I had to make it an absolute MUST to take a shower first thing when I wake up. I made it such a must in my mind that I was not even able to turn off my alarm until I took a shower. Now I am able to put gratitude as the first thing and then take a shower, but this was #2 for a while.
  4. Repeating my Affirmations. I have 10 powerful affirmations I repeat in-front of the mirror every day to get myself super-charged. These include my biggest dreams, goals and what I really want to achieve in life. I love this part of the day as I spend at least 10 minutes really visualizing what my life could be like. This gets me focused on what really matters.
  5. Watching Motivational videos and eating breakfast. I grew up as a big consumer of video games and TV shows so consuming videos just is a habit at this point. Instead of getting rid of it I decided to use it to my advantage by getting myself in a peak-state right away!
  6. Working until 8–9 in the morning. After my breakfast it is about 6:00 a.m. which is when I start to work. By the time most people get to their jobs and most people my age stand up I already read a book, written 20+ pages or made a couple of sales in different countries. This gets me super-energized for the rest of the day.
  7. Meditation. I end my ritual with meditating after I have been awake for a while. Honestly, if I tried to do this right after I get up I would instantly fall back asleep because I was so relaxed and tired still, so I pushed it back but still early enough so most of the day benefits from this calm-mind.

amberp

It took me many years to create my morning routine. And now it's not perfect but simple. I get up at 6 a.m., at which time the kids are still asleep. I do some stuff, wash my face, make a cup of coffee, read a book, exercise. I don't have any other time to do that. At 9 the kids get up. I would like to wake up at 5 a.m., but I just can't. How do all these bloggers get up so early?

Emmy7894

I get up get dressed i.shower before going to sleep so.no need to shower when i wake up. Then i go to work and eat while driving. But i have a skincare routine in the morning and evening. I did lot of experiencd and read a lot of books and articles on internet to help me found one that fits my skin type.