• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Whats your dress size?

Rhonda333

Staff member
The New York Times today reported that the average woman's dress size in the US today is 16-20. As a Missus size 16, that makes me feel really good after years of admiring the size o's and 2's. That's probably correct because whenever I look for a dress in my size there are usually plenty on the rack. So how about you girls?

Rebeka

I usually wear size 4 and 6 (US based) as I am so thin but before couple of years ago I had really good shape of body. That time whatever I wanted to wear I could and everything perfectly fitted on body. I miss those days, those youthful life

Mally126

I'm an 8-10 (UK sizing), depending on what sort of clothes you mean. I don't look particularly thin, no flat stomach or smaller waist or slim legs like I'd like (hopefully one day!) and I am only 5'1" in height.

Rhonda333

Staff member
I was always a big girl wearing 12-14. But then a few years back I had a butt lift to round out my hips and butt. Suddenly I'm a size 16. But oh well, there is always a size 16 on the rack for me. Not always when 12-14.

Mally126

Rhonda, I'm only 5'1 in height (61 inches or 154 cm), and with a smaller frame (between small and medium boned), anything bigger than a 12 maximum looks stupid on me. I will forever work hard to stay fit and healthy, and hopefully one day get what I wish for (as said in my first post on this thread) :) .

Redgirl

I wear a size 6 (US) but sizes vary so much these days there's nothing standard about it. Sometimes i can even wear children's sizes (yeah, I'm really shrimpy!) It's really frustrating when size 6 isn't the same from store to store. Lucky for me I can tweak my own outfits.

Mally126

I can sometimes wear childrens sizes too, especially stuff like t-shirts, and I do if I see one I like :) . I think kids sometimes have really nice stuff, and I don't get why adults stuff is often boring with stuff like colours e.t.c., as if they think you don't want anything pretty or cute.

I think it's annoying when they don't have my size too, they're often the first sizes sold out where I live, leaving all the smaller sizes (sixes), and the larger sizes (14 and above). I think the size(s) I take is/are most common where I live.

Last edited by a moderator:

Redgirl

I can sometimes wear childrens sizes too, especially stuff like t-shirts, and I do if I see one I like :) . I think kids sometimes have really nice stuff, and I don't get why adults stuff is often boring with stuff like colours e.t.c., as if they think you don't want anything pretty or cute.
I LOVE some of the cute stuff they have for kids outfits. Personally I like to wear bright colors and a lot of Disney stuff and My Little Pony too. But they only have good stuff in kids' sizes. I think that sort of thing is good for all ages.