• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

What type of shampoo to choose?

TammyValentine

Have you noticed sodium laureth sulfate on the bottle of shampoo? I found out it's damaging to the scalp or skin. It is not recommended to those who have sensitive skin. Correct me if I'm wrong. I like to learn from this.

Christinegirl

I hadn't heard of it before, but I read the same thing: that sulfates can potentially cause damage to our hair (when overused) - ranging from hair protein removal to irritated, itchy skin.

Thank you for telling us about this. I'll check the label the next time I buy shampoo. (•‿•)

TammyValentine

I hadn't heard of it before, but I read the same thing: that sulfates can potentially cause damage to our hair (when overused) - ranging from hair protein removal to irritated, itchy skin.

Thank you for telling us about this. I'll check the label the next time I buy shampoo. (•‿•)
I'm rather shocked that most products on the shelves have this in the shampoo. I noticed the ones without it costs alot more. Some even goes as high as 40 bucks. I use ginger shampoo that doesn't even cost that high.

amberp

Hello! It depends on your hair type. I had problems after the birth of my second child, before that I washed my hair twice a week. Then I realized it was time to do something. Use hair masks, moisturizers, I buy my shampoo here Shampoo for soft water, try everything one at a time. I've noticed that every six months it's better to change shampoo, I like Moroccan the best now.

Anzu21

I make my own shampoo! And on the days I'm not using my homemade shampoo, I use a variety of brands.