• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

What is fashion?

What do you think fashion is? It has multiple meanings and definitions.Fashion seems to be one of the hottest topics but what does it really means?
I feel fashion means something that's popular and common in certain place and time. Fashion forms from the thoughts, styles and global phenomenons of the world.Fashion is everything: the clothes and accessories, the cars, the furniture, the architecture, the way we talk, act, and think.

Whats your thought about it??

BeautyGal is correct in that it is unimaginative following of others, not really my lifestyle as i still cover the body in minimum style of the 90's. almost always in mini shorts and half cut off t shirts only

Well, I think this really depends on how you want to look at fashion. Like what kind of perspective you take, to look into this topic in detail. If you wanna look at it from an artistic view, it is a different approach than if you want to look into it on sociological kind of view. If you want to look into it in a sociological view, I can really recommend the book 'Philosophy of Fashion' by Georg Simmel. Its approach is really interesting and, in my point of view, eye-opening. Give it a shot!
I mean, it might be that you won't find the original version but even just reading about his fashion theories summarized by someone else gives a great overview and new understanding of 'Fashion'.

Well, I think this really depends on how you want to look at fashion. Like what kind of perspective you take, to look into this topic in detail. If you wanna look at it from an artistic view, it is a different approach than if you want to look into it on sociological kind of view. If you want to look into it in a sociological view, I can really recommend the book 'Philosophy of Fashion' by Georg Simmel. Its approach is really interesting and, in my point of view, eye-opening. Give it a shot!
I mean, it might be that you won't find the original version but even just reading about his fashion theories summarized by someone else gives a great overview and new understanding of 'Fashion'.
I totally agree!