• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

What Does Girl Power Mean To You?

K

Kassandra C

Girl Power to me is a unity of women who stand for something together. Maybe if we as women dropped all feelings aside such as cattiness or jealousy, maybe we could conquer a lot more in this world.

Girl Power is the strength we need to make a difference. It’s an emotional strength that would guide us into the future. Who says Wonder Woman can’t stand tall along with Super Girl and Bat Girl?

Embrace your super powers & showcase your inner heroines! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
To me "Girl Power" is being girly!
It's the power to express love, getting gorgeous, wearing nice things and having the choice to choose those things in life that makes us happy.
We ultimately control our own destiny, our own lives, and we do have influence over the what men perceive.
Using our mental strengths and physical attributes, we can control events we partake in by the power of suggestion and perception..being in control without actually having direct control or the responsibility that come with it!
Girl Power is inside all of us...either embrace the gifts we are given by being feminine, pretty and smart.
Or try to conform, be frumpy, ditsy, and lazy...and... give in to their will.
You have the POWER, use it girls!!!!

xsophiex

Girl Power to me is a unity of women who stand for something together. Maybe if we as women dropped all feelings aside such as cattiness or jealousy, maybe we could conquer a lot more in this world.

Girl Power is the strength we need to make a difference. It’s an emotional strength that would guide us into the future. Who says Wonder Woman can’t stand tall along with Super Girl and Bat Girl?

hi, I'm actually dutch and I'm only learning English for one year, so I'm sorry that I possibly make some mistakes.
i think girlpower, is that all women should go make their dreams come true and don't let anyone stop them!

Kari

Pink Lover
It means to me being able to do anything we want, when we want it, if our will doesn't affect others, of course. For example, here in my country, you can't do certain things men can, like walking alone without being verbaly harrased by certain kind of men. That's sad. It means also accepting we're different from men but embrace those differences and fight against stereotypes that makes us more an object than a human being.

debchick36

Girl power is exactly what muslim countries need. I heard that they can't even drive cars? What's so wrong with that? And when a guy does a mistake.. people usually let it go. But if a girl does it, everyone remembers. Ugh. I'm not saying only in muslim countries but ALL AROUND THE WORLD.

A

Amanduhh

To me "Girl Power" is being girly!
It's the power to express love, getting gorgeous, wearing nice things and having the choice to choose those things in life that makes us happy.
We ultimately control our own destiny, our own lives, and we do have influence over the what men perceive.
Using our mental strengths and physical attributes, we can control events we partake in by the power of suggestion and perception..being in control without actually having direct control or the responsibility that come with it!
Girl Power is inside all of us...either embrace the gifts we are given by being feminine, pretty and smart.
Or try to conform, be frumpy, ditsy, and lazy...and... give in to their will.
You have the POWER, use it girls!!!!
I totally agree with this!

Girl Power to me embodies all the strengths that we find within ourselves which enables us to do more-a lot more-than society or even we ourselves think we are capable of. Girl Power is the spirit of all the great heroins that came before us that got us where we are today as a society in general. Think about women like Joan of Arc, Harriet Tubman, Helen Keller, Anne Frank, Amelia Earhart, just to name a few...or how about all those rugged gals of the great American frontier who toiled alongside their husbands to carve a nation out of wilderness. Those women had to bear and raise children, and help work the land, all while keeping a safe and comfortable household for their children and their husbands. Now that we're in the 21st Century I wonder what more we can accomplish?

Mary K.

To me "Girl Power" is believing that being a female Should Not and Will Not keep you from doing anything. It means that even though I may be smaller in stature I am superior in other things more important then stature. It means equality, strength and freedom.

LaurenTaylor

Girl power is the freedom of women and that we don't need some man to provide for us and we can use our talents such as makeup and clothing to our advantages. :)

Iamcarmari

I will agree on this GIRL POWER...
Even I have a partner for years we been together. I never once be control with things and do things that want... :):):)

My definition of girl power would be that we are known as independamt indiividuals, not as anybody's possession. And we have a sisterhood with others who are like that, friends who would support you no matter what happens and who help you through hard times.

Twobitgirl

Just a figment
Girl power is about being what you choose to be, without being influenced by anything or anyone else, including feminism. I don't want anyone telling me I'm doing something wrong if I choose to be girly, embrace the chivalry of men or choose to be a housewife. If I want to be a fighter pilot, midwife, artist, dancer, whatever, it's up to me and absolutely no one else. That's true girl power. It resides in the individual, because true strength doesn't come in numbers but from individualism.

Christinegirl

Well said!!

Lexedrine

Cultish
I think guhl power is the holy spirit of pure independence we share, the freedom to be anything a girl can, which is gifted to us from no one but Yahweh.