• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

What do you think of horror movies?

Svenlytalks

Horror movies scare the hell out of me but my daughter finds them interesting and addicting. She never reacts like she's frightened whenever she watches horror movies. I've always wondered why it's so. What do you feel about watching horror movies?

Christinegirl

Staff member
I often find them sad - strange as that may sound.
If I watch a movie (because I think the story will be interesting) but there's a part that looks scary - you can usually tell because there's no sound and ya know something's probably gonna happen - I just mute the video (or close my ears). Then when something does happen, I'm kind of "detached" from it and it doesn't shock/scare me so much. If I look away but I can still hear it, when the music all of a sudden starts playing loudly and the person starts screaming, :D that's what makes me jump out of my skin.

Your daughter might have shut off her emotions (so she doesn't feel pain/sadness about missing her dad, for example), so watching these movies helps her feel something/anything (which is why she seems addicted to them). But they're not real so they don't hurt her, emotionally, like real events in her life can. {Just a theory.} :)

Svenlytalks

I often find them sad - strange as that may sound.
If I watch a movie (because I think the story will be interesting) but there's a part that looks scary - you can usually tell because there's no sound and ya know something's probably gonna happen - I just mute the video (or close my ears). Then when something does happen, I'm kind of "detached" from it and it doesn't shock/scare me so much. If I look away but I can still hear it, when the music all of a sudden starts playing loudly and the person starts screaming, :D that's what makes me jump out of my skin.

Your daughter might have shut off her emotions (so she doesn't feel pain/sadness about missing her dad, for example), so watching these movies helps her feel something/anything (which is why she seems addicted to them). But they're not real so they don't hurt her, emotionally, like real events in her life can. {Just a theory.} :)
I hope it's not harming her mindset in any way

Airali

Horror movies and tv shows really scare me ! :eek: The worst thing to me is the jump scare, even if I mute the video. So, in my case it's not about the music. But at the same time I'm curious about those kind of stories... That's why I'd like to watch American Horror Story but I haven't found the courage yet.