• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

What do you think about audio books?

Joanna

Personally I started quite late listening to audio books, maybe at the age of 24 or just last year. I find it more beneficial to me than reading sometimes, comes easier to me. I discovered that when I was listening to podcasts for a lecture, I simply get more out of that. Sometimes when I've got trouble falling asleep that helps as well. :D
I kinda regret a bit not having discovered that earlier on in my studies or I would have recorded all the vocabulary and kept listening to it.
I still enjoy reading books though, guess it's the mix that makes it in the end.
So what do you think about audio books?

B

Birdy

I'm a visual person so I just can't concentrate on an audio book. But if there's a book I can't finish but definitely wan't to, I listen to it. So audio books are really great!! =)

U

Udizo

i think they are really good for visually challenged people!!

P

Petitka

I just can't look at the audiobooks like I look at normal books. They don't have this magic that paper versions have ;-).

T

TungstenAffinity

I actually love audio books, and am really thankful for them when I am driving. I don’t drive a lot, but when I drive, I drive really far. I got tired of music (and it started to make me sleepy, which isn’t safe at all), so I got a couple of audio books. I fell in love! Now, every time that I go to visit family (one part of my family is 4 hours away; the other part is over 12 hours), I make sure to have a new audio book on hand.

L

Liline

I bought one a few years ago, but it only worked with my dvd player. So I couldn't listen it often, and finally I think that real books are more simple x)

affie86

Nothing is better than a traditional book! What I love about books is that I can be quiet for a while... reading a book is a peaceful act and I really appreciate it. Anyway, I like kindle books too, same reason. But I don't like audiobooks. Not for me.

Superalgebraic

German Rapunzel
I tried to, but I find it very hard to find the "right" reader. For example, the (German) guy reading the Harry Potter audio books was awful. Like, really awful, especially when he read as Hermione or other female characters...
Nothing can replace a real book for me! :D

SavyStyler

Nahh.. I cant go with that. In fact I can not read books in soft copy unless its some research paper types.
To enjoy reading a hard copy is simply LOVE.

Asterian

I like ones that offer some new experience, like have many actors or music. If that's just some actor reading the book... well, it's good for exercise or biking or cleaning the house.

alexa.a94

I tried to, but I find it very hard to find the "right" reader. For example, the (German) guy reading the Harry Potter audio books was awful. Like, really awful, especially when he read as Hermione or other female characters...
Nothing can replace a real book for me! :D
Indeed the movie is far more different than the book.

Twobitgirl

Just a figment
Audio books are really handy sometimes when I'm driving or doing something else like painting, drawing or whatever. It allows me to digest a book where I would otherwise not have had the opportunity. The real drawback though is the readers. They too often sound terrible or don't fit the mood of the book.