• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

What changes would you like to see in the underwear you wear?

Downcat1

Hi,
So I am working on a design project and wondering, what are your favorite things about the under garments and loungewear you buy and wear? What changes would you like to see being made in the industry? What do you look for when buying underwear and lounge clothes? What would make womens undergarments better?
Any suggestions would be great! :)

Christinegirl

Staff member
My favorite things in under garments (and what I look for when purchasing) are: comfort and support. (I wear nightgowns for lounge-wear.)

I'd love to see bras made with wider shoulder straps!! And whose bright idea was it to have it fasten in the back?!? o_O :D

Svenlytalks

Hi,
So I am working on a design project and wondering, what are your favorite things about the under garments and loungewear you buy and wear? What changes would you like to see being made in the industry? What do you look for when buying underwear and lounge clothes? What would make womens undergarments better?
Any suggestions would be great! :)
I prefer boy shorts
Btw I would love a little looser bras , which would not restrict the breasts too much(I can't breathe normally when I wear those)
The shoulder straps should be wider
The shoulder straps should be adjustable

Christinegirl

Staff member
... I would love a little looser bras , which would not restrict the breasts too much(I can't breathe normally when I wear those)

The shoulder straps should be adjustable
How would it be to get a bra that's one size bigger than what you normally get?

I noticed that sports bras usually don't have adjustable shoulder straps but traditional bras often do. :)

Christinegirl

Staff member
No, the material isn't too bulky. Actually, a "regular" bra might show through more because it has those plastic "tabs" (I guess they might be called) that help us adjust the shoulder straps. Sports bras usually don't have those.
But sports bras only give us support for a little while - because the straps can't be adjusted and after a while, the straps lose their elasticity and they don't give "the girls" :D (the breasts) the support they need.

Basically, bras are made for women who don't really need that much support. When we do, the support is minimal, the shoulder straps dig into our shoulders, and the back part of the bra rides up our backs. :mad::D