• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Washing Hair on Your Head

How Often Wash Hair on Head

• Total voters

rabbithabit

How Long Do You Go Without Washing The Hair on Your Head ? I wash my hair everyday during my morning bath. many of my friends only wash the hair on their head once or twice a week and say is unhealthy to do every day as dries natural oils you need in the hair on your head.

sandy brady

it is unhealthy to overwash your hair . leads to lack of oil , breakage etc. Since you live in a warmer place, maybe every 2 days is best . in colder weather probably 1-2 a week is optimal.

rabbithabit

Sandy, That is same as my friends say. i will try for awhile twice a week and see if i can get past the dirty feelings when i don't wash every day.

Zjed

Very nightly
I wash my hair about three times a week - usually on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday. If I've just dyed my hair I can go longer without washing my hair but often the greasy feeling is a bit too much in that case.

Last edited by a moderator:

jnora137

How Long Do You Go Without Washing The Hair on Your Head ? I wash my hair everyday during my morning bath. many of my friends only wash the hair on their head once or twice a week and say is unhealthy to do every day as dries natural oils you need in the hair on your head.[/QU
Hi. I also have such a problem. I have oily hair and I need to wash them after 2 days, but I use special shampoo because not all kinds of shampoos suit my hair. Now I am using Pantene Pro-v, which is the best solution for me.

Jane Black

2 days maximum. But I wash my hair in the evening, because it is very hard for me to wake up 2 hours earlier in the morning.

Twobitgirl

Just a figment
I do it every day when I'm working, and often a second time when I get home because I can get very messy during the day. When I have a day or two off I can let it go a little longer.

ColorfulColoradan

I wash mine twice a week...three, at the most. If one uses styling products, those should be washed out before reusing/restyling.

After shampooing/conditioning, I apply a leave-in silk/keratin oil (CHI). I rarely, if ever, blow-dry my hair.

I’m not sure if it’s too late to reply, but I washed my once every week. Maybe Sunday or Saturday. I’m black though, so our hair is obviously different.

rishabhb398

I do wash my hair 2 times a week. They are silky and don't need much washing. So this way they look good and stay healthy :)