• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Vaginal help!!

Fangirl101

So I’ve been on my period for it feels like almost 2 months now but before this I would rarely ever get my period. Anyone else experience this? I’m kind of scared and have made a doctors appointment but want to kinda prepare myself for whatever can happen. Also I know very much tmi but when I wipe my butt there’s always so much blood. Not like gush of blood but there is still a good amount kind of. I’m a little scared can anyone help? Or tell experiences and what they did?!

Christinegirl

Staff member
Thank you for posting this (in case other women are going through the same experience).

You haven't been sexually active within the last few months, have you? Sometimes that can result in excessive bleeding.

Were you able to see a doctor about the possible vaginal infection you had? Were you bleeding then?

Just to clarify, do you mean blood is coming out of the anal canal as well as the vagina? If you've had a period for (what is considered) a long time, your body might be dehydrated. When that happens, our poop/feces can be harder than normal and when we have a bowel movement, the feces can sometimes slightly tear the anal opening. That may be why you see blood when you wipe your butt.

When a girl starts menstruating, it's good to mark down (on a calendar) the days she sees blood (when her body sheds the uterine lining).
It's normal that she rarely gets her period, at first. But when her body gets used to the "cycle", there should only be bleeding for about one week out of the month, not constant bleeding for over one month.

I'm glad you've made a doctor's appointment as you're probably unusually tired/rundown, having had a "menstrual period" for almost two months.

Fangirl101

I am a virgin so I have never done anything sexual at all. My scheduled been to full to see one but I am seeing one real soon ( making a doctors appointment in the am).

I don’t know if it’s specifically from the anal part it’s just when I wipe , there’s always blood. Even when I pee. ( I always wipe my butt even if I only pee ) I’ll wipe once and there’s some there. When I poop like just regular poop not the hard ones ( lol sorry if it’s tmi ) there’s also some.

Christinegirl

Staff member
I'm sorry, I forgot (because it's been a while now) but I had cervical polyps once (which are just little extra growths of tissue that grow outside of the entrance to the uterus - that often grow when we've had an infection for a while). When I had them, it was very easy for the doctor to remove them when I had a pelvic exam. (He caught them during a routine pelvic exam when I had an infection so I didn't have the excessive bleeding.) It didn't even hurt. As cervical polyps can cause bleeding, that may be what you have. People get them all the time so it's no cause for alarm.

After I urinate, I always wipe my butt, too. :) If you wipe from the front to the back (the way we're supposed to), you might be "carrying" the blood from the vaginal opening so it looks like it's coming from the anus. One way to find out is; after a shower/bath or wiping the whole area with a moist towelette (after inserting a tampon), wear a panty-liner or a pad and see if there is any blood on the back part of the pad. If there isn't, then it might be the anal tissue slightly tearing when you have a bowel movement. Either way (whether or not there's blood on the back part of the pad when you haven't had a bowel movement), I'd mention it to the doctor to see what she/he says.

Fangirl101

Okay so is the cervical polyps something like that can really damage my vagina area ? And how does that exam go? What do they do?

Christinegirl

Staff member
No, the polyps don't damage the area. They're usually found at the entrance of the uterus (on the cervix) and are very easily removed. Depending on how long they've been there, they usually can be just scraped off or twisted off. It might cause slight bleeding for a day or so but then the bleeding will slowly decrease and you'll be fine. :)

The pelvic exam is when we lay on our backs and put our feet in footrests called stirrups. (You might want to wear shoes and socks to the doctor's office so you can keep your socks on, in case the footrests are metal and slightly cold.) It's kind of like the same position we'd be in if we're having a baby - but a lot less painful! :D For us virgins, it's kind of embarrassing but gynecologists do pelvic exams all day long, every day - so we're just "another face in the crowd" - lol.
Let the nurse know you haven't had a pelvic exam before, and she'll explain exactly what the doctor will do. (Actually, it's a good idea to let the receptionist know when you make an appointment - in case she needs to give you some instructions before your appointment.)
The doctor looks inside the vagina with a flashlight-type instrument so she/he can see if you have any polyps. The doctor will also insert an instrument called a speculum (it won't hurt and it won't tear the hymen). This instrument helps the doctor to look all the way to the top of the vagina to the cervix to make sure everything is fine.
The doctor may do a pap smear at that time, which is just swiping around the cervix to collect some cells. Those cells are sent to a lab which checks for any sexually transmitted diseases (which we don't have :) ) but it's just a routine procedure that's done usually once a year, especially when we get older.

Fangirl101

Wow that sounds real simple. I still haven’t give about my first issue ( last post) so that is going to be a bit embarrassing!!

Christinegirl

Staff member
Yes, it's not too complicated. :) We basically just lay there and the doctor does all the work. :D

Please let us know how it goes and what the doctor says. :)