• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Ugh. Hair under the nose.

Dina

I am one of those unfortunate people that have to suffer from having a thin layer of hair under the nose. Of course, I have to be dark-haired too, which just makes it more prominent.

I hope I'm not the only one that his this problem! It really sucks though. I think I've tried nearly everything to get it off, including waxing, hair removal gunk, and bleaching to try and hide it. None of them worked for very long, so I just end up shaving it.

The only good thing is that it isn't too prominent, but there's that saying that everytime you shave hair off with a razor, it comes back even worse, and I worry about that happening!

Nee-Chan

It's not true that when you shave hair it comes back worse, so don't worry!
I don't know shaving or waxing nose hair works, but it doesn't sound fun at all! :0
How does bleaching work? Is it painful at all? I've never tried it before.

Dina

I'm talking about hair on the on the upper lip, now that I look back at my topic title, not nose hair xD That'd be a little odd. It's still under the nose though!

Anyways, bleaching is pretty painless. You just wipe this cream over the area and wait for a short period where it's supposed to become lighter. It was an okay method to hide hair, but I'd rather just have it off permanently.

Dina - I think maybe the shaving idea is not a recommended one! My friend does it and when she 'forgets' the hair on her upper lip becomes quite noticeable. Also, y'know when you haven't seen someone for a long time and you get a hug and a kiss from them? Well, her mouststache prickles a little.

Shaving doesn't cause the hair to get thicker or darker, but apparently according to a little research I did, the razor will "cut off the fine tip of the hair. When this happens the hair appears to be thicker and darker, but in reality it’s just got a flat tip on it. This gives it a thicker, fuller appearance."

You'd be better sticking to bleaching or waxing - or save up for electrolysis for permanent hair removal.

The things we women have to contend with! :p

Nee-Chan

How does the permanent hair removal work? That sounds like it could be very painful. Is it the one that is done with lasers? I hear that's expensive, but if I could, I would get it done on my armpits and legs. I hate shaving!

Sabryna

There is a hair removal product that you put on, wait a few minutes, then wipe it off. Unfortunately, I've forgotten the name of it. My friends mom uses it and it even comes with a moisturizing cream to use afterwards. Look into that instead of having to remember to shave. The only bad thing is you would probably have to wait till the hair grows out a little to start.

Gizelle

I have heard the story hat it actually grows back thicker and I have seen some women,mind you, just few, that has this kind of facial hair that trimmed them and they seem to grow back thicker and more prickly.

Nee-Chan

Like Goldieshocks says, the hair isn't really growing back any thicker than it previously had, just differently.
It's actually an old wives' tale that I've heard since I was a kid.

Dina

Thankfully, mine isn't too noticable. I've seen a lot worse on other people, which makes me thankful that it's only a minor inconvenience and not something that is going to affect my social life forever x3 I would love to save up for permanent hair removal though, for upper lip, legs, and armpits. It's such a pain to shave. How come guys can get away with only shaving beards and mustaches, and we have to make every part of our body smooth and flawless? :p

Karla

That's because we gave them the power years ago, we have been trained to say "yuck" when we see another female unshaved, so the guys are empowered to continue to maintain that expectation.

Angelina

I don't think I have hair in my nose or may be I do Lol I myself do not know because It is not noticeable at all! I was just browsing through the web on how do people shave (or pluck?) the nose hair and it seems there a lot of ways including scissors, nose hair shaper, trimmer, Blow torch, etc etc! God knows which is the best as I never used any of them for my nose!

Christinegirl

Staff member
There is a hair removal product that you put on, wait a few minutes, then wipe it off. Unfortunately, I've forgotten the name of it. My friends mom uses it and it even comes with a moisturizing cream to use afterwards. Look into that instead of having to remember to shave. The only bad thing is you would probably have to wait till the hair grows out a little to start.
There are a few different products on the market to choose from. I used one once, for leg hair, and it smelled awful! :D If using it for under our noses, I highly recommend using it in a well-ventilated room! (especially as the "fumes" might be irritating to the eyes).