• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Trust in Relationships

Lucy20

I’ve been with my boyfriend for almost three years, and before that we were friends for more than two years. He’s my first boyfriend and he’s been in three other relationships before me - and he’s only been single for a few hours in total between all of these relationships. Some of them were also overlapping. I knew all of this going into the relationship with him, but for some reason I didn’t think it was going to be so hard to trust him. He became one of my best friends before we started dating, and then once we were in a relationship I felt so special and I felt that this was nothing like the relationships he’s had before.
After half a year, the ”honeymoon“ phase kinda went away and I started feeling a bit more insecure. He’s the type who gets along with girls more and therefore has more female friends. This is totally okay, everyone should be friends with whoever they want, but I would be lying if I said that I wouldn’t feel nervous about a few of them. This is also because I was someone who overlapped with his previous relationship, and I know how “easy” it was for him to let go of his loyalty.
Before you say anything - I know I was 100% a part of that and this is something I still struggle with to this day. I can’t believe I did this to another girl and this will always be something I have to take responsibility for. I didn’t know her, but I knew of her. There’s no excuse for what I did, and I can only strive to be a better girl.
That being said, my boyfriend moved on from that guilt only six months into our relationship. He knows I still struggle with this and that I find it hard to fully trust him, but I’m scared it’s come to the point where he’s running out of patience. He’s a very sweet person and everyone who’s met him could never imagine that he would have cheated before.
Does anyone know how you can build more trust in a relationship? I really love him and I don’t want to make a scene every time he spends a lot of time with a girl.