• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Thoughts on flu shots?

Torey Ray

My older sister has daughter who is turning 5 this December and we were talking about whether or not flu shots are worth it. I personally haven't had a flu shot in for the past few years but for my niece it could be worth it since she is young and her immune system isn't as strong, thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Twobitgirl

Just a figment
I get a flu shot almost every year. On one of the few exceptions I got nuked by a flu right at Christmas and it wasn't pleasant. I generally recommend getting one, but I'm not a mother and I don't know if there's a limit on giving shots to children of a certain age. If a doctor says it's okay I'd say go for it.

Redgirl

I always get a flu shot and it seems to help. Even when I do get sick it doesn't seem to last as long. If you want to get a shot for a 5 year old, ask the doctor what he thinks and take his advice.