• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Tampon issue

My daughter has been a pad user for a long time. Now due to various reasons, she had to shift to tampons. A few days ago during my periods, I've bought a box of super tampons(since it was recommended for heavy flows) for her. But she just couldn't insert it. Only the head went in there. Even I couldn't insert it. What can I suggest my daughter to do regarding this?

shanzi

When a girl is first using a tampon it can b very hard to put in and also so b painful so she may have been tense so try telling her to relax a bit. Also u can try using application tampons or put some petroleum jelly on the end of the tampon which will help it slide in more comfortably. Gd luck!

When a girl is first using a tampon it can b very hard to put in and also so b painful so she may have been tense so try telling her to relax a bit. Also u can try using application tampons or put some petroleum jelly on the end of the tampon which will help it slide in more comfortably. Gd luck!
Should I opt for light tampons instead? And won't the petroleum jelly irritating her vagina?

shanzi

Should I opt for light tampons instead? And won't the petroleum jelly irritating her vagina?
Whether or not u use light medium or large tampons depends on how heavy her periods are. And no the petroleum jelly won't irritate her vagina, I know this as I have always used it myself. I hope this helps u and ur daughter!

Nelly235

My daughter has been a pad user for a long time. Now due to various reasons, she had to shift to tampons. A few days ago during my periods, I've bought a box of super tampons(since it was recommended for heavy flows) for her. But she just couldn't insert it. Only the head went in there. Even I couldn't insert it. What can I suggest my daughter to do regarding this?
My friend too had had the problem and it took her some time to learn the procedure. It was not until she came accross an article that was very helpful. Hopefully i can get it for you.