• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Supplements and Excercise

Which supplement works best for you?

• Green Coffee Bean Extract

• Garcinia Cambogia

• Raspberry Ketones

• HydroxyCut

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rose2097

So I've been very self conscious of my body and I finally decided to get off my lazy butt and I've been walking/jogging everyday for a week. I've also started taking Green Coffee Bean Extract because I heard that it supposedly helps with weight loss. I've been trying to eat healthier and watch my calories. I'm not quite comfortable with myself so I want to try and be a better healthier me. If anyone has any suggestions to supplements they've taken or excersise routines that work for them, I'm all ears I also have a poll for supplements so feel free to vote and leave the brand you use in the comments. If you don't see the one you use listed you can also comment about it below. Again any help is appreciated.

Twobitgirl

Just a figment
It depends on what you want to accomplish. If it's weight loss you're after, Hydroxycut will help you lose water weight but it doesn't seem all that healthy to me. I tried kelp supplements in the mistaken assumption that it would curb appetite. It didn't and I lost no weight. The best thing for me was good old exercise at the gym. More specifically the elliptical machine. At 80+ rpm I can burn 400 calories in 20 minutes on the 'Fat Burn' setting. Other tricks that have worked for me is the tried and true glass of water before and after every meal. Before, it fills you up, and afterwards it helps metabolize food into energy. When you get the munchies, try eating an Altoid or other breath mint. This is a survival trick used to fool the brain into thinking the body is receiving food.
Don't worry if the pounds don't drop away the first week or two. The body takes time to get used to new things like getting more exercise and eating less. You won't necessarily see a big difference until you've been at it for a couple weeks. Don't get discouraged, the work you put in matters, it just takes time to manifest. Once the body gets into its new groove, the pounds will fly off.
And don't kill yourself starting out with huge goals. If you want to lose 20 lbs for example, don't decide, "I'm gonna lose 20 lbs this week" but instead go for 2 or 3 pounds at a time. In other words, don't try to eat the whole elephant in one bite, nibble away at it and you won't get overwhelmed or discouraged. Smaller goals are easier to reach, they happen more often and they give you encouragement on a regular basis when you reach them.

Brigid448

Personally, I currently take Hoodia P57 for weight loss and I think it is the best natural supplement I have ever tried. It brings all benefit expected, control my appetite and give me energy so I can do my work normally without any influence. My first month and I'm down 4 kg. I can't wait to see what the next 4 weeks will bring!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rhonda333

Staff member
I believe in exercise not supplements. I've been an almost daily runner since school and it really helps keep my weight down. No varicose veins here.

rabbithabit

NatureWise Pure Garcinia Cambogia, MuscleTech Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite, and Encha Matcha Green Tea.

I exercise two hours everyday as supplements alone will not keep a tight muscular body.

sandy brady

With the amount of excerice you are doing I think just take herbal tea s to detox . Supplements are extra but will not replace stuff from food.

Blair

NatureWise Pure Garcinia Cambogia, MuscleTech Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite, and Encha Matcha Green Tea.

I exercise two hours everyday as supplements alone will not keep a tight muscular body.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Food supplements can only be effective if there is proper diet and exercise. Yes! I am doing 2-hour exercise daily, of course it should be complimented with lifting weights.

rabbithabit

Blair, i do aerobics, weights and running every day for two hours. also strick vegetarian diet. Sandy Supplements definitely replace nutrients in food.

sandy brady

Blair, i do aerobics, weights and running every day for two hours. also strick vegetarian diet. Sandy Supplements definitely replace nutrients in food.
I think I was misunderstood hehe I meant as in dont stop eating healthy and just rely on the nutrients from supplements. you have to eat healthy and take suplements to fill any gaps you are missing nutrient wise

Dragona91

I agree that healthy diet and exercise is the best for your body. These supplements can work besides them to an extent, but some of them may have some perturbation in your hormonal system. But they shouldn't be dangerous, though. I'm not too experienced with fat loss supplements, I mainly use whey protein for muscles. It's not the most healthy thing eating them all the time either, but I need it cause of the weights. :D

Jane Black

I am searching for a good dietary supplement with Garcinia Cambogia. I don`t want to take chemical supplements. Currently I take Green coffee bean extract before gym. The result isn`t as good as I expected(

Anismahjoub

I would suggest the best thing, wish to burn lots of calories enjoy fit, fine and healthy lifestyle then go with the --- "YOGA" and "MEDITATION"

Richa94

Truly speaking I haven't tried anyone of that healthy diet and regular exercise works best for me. Supplements have risks and side effects as well, so there is no other best way of taking vitamins and mineral from food rather than supplements.

elamaria

Exercising and a healthy diet should be enough to get the results you want but it's true, sometimes we need a little help.

Now I'm taking Brain Octane by BulletProof to boost my body a bit. I work out in the gym 3 times a week and this is the only thing, which makes all supplements work. Meaning excercises, not just gym)

Last edited: