• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Stripes are slimming?

Mally126

I am a fan of stripes as a pattern on clothes, and I was told that stripes are slimming. But whenever I wear them, I find it has the opposite effect! :-/ I recently got a pair of jeans which are striped, and they make me look bigger. It also happened when I wore my old dressing gown, also striped. I'm confused!

Minah Lynn

Hi, there! Based on my experience that I can share with you, horizontal lines always make me look wider in size while vertical stripes make me look slimmer. Hope this helps. :)

Mally126

I've worn vertical stripes, and they make me look big. That's what I was referring to in both examples. The jeans made my legs look bigge and my hips look wider (which looks awful as my hips aren't even all that wide), and the dressing gown had a similar effect on my waist and chest (again, not at all what i want!)

Minah Lynn

I've worn vertical stripes, and they make me look big. That's what I was referring to in both examples. The jeans made my legs look bigge and my hips look wider (which looks awful as my hips aren't even all that wide), and the dressing gown had a similar effect on my waist and chest (again, not at all what i want!)
I totally agree with you! That's why I really prefer wearing plain designs and less detailed clothes.