• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Street harassment

Beatingheart

Street harassment
My family and I are going to Mexico City for my cousins wedding. We are an Asian family.
I have read articles and newspapers that have reported high cases of street harassment.
I AM TERRIFIED. the things they say and do to other women is DISGUSTING and a BREACH in HUMAN RIGHTS.
Now I'm young I'm Asian and I'm a foreigner in a new country. This means my younger sister and I will be called "Ching chang Chong, chinio" and there will be whistles, catcalls and slurs.
I'm so scared and I am NOT looking forward to the trip. Guys it sounds stupid and it seems dramatic but my god this is not okay. I'm so scared and what those women go through is just unforgivable.
My parents won't let me stay home (I'm underage) and I really don't wanna go.
Help
Please

Last edited by a moderator:

Rhonda333

Staff member
I can well appreciate your difficulty dear. I think the secret is to STAY OFF THE STREET. Every hotel will call a cab to pick you up at the door. Same going home, a friend can call a cab for you. Going out to dinner, the hotel can recommend a restaurant and call the cab too.

Twobitgirl

Just a figment
Exactly. Stay off the street and stick close to your parents. Hopefully the scum will leave you alone if you're with an adult.