• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Sticky Hair

Georgina

I'm having trouble with my shampoo/conditioner combination. My hair is very long and it was always ok. Suddenly no matter what I use my hair feels kind of sticky, and it tangles easy when I wash it.

What can I do, I hate this!

Georgina

What kind of conditioning treatment? I'm seriously ready to just cut it all off and start again. It's currently so long that I can sit on it, its about four foot long.

I'd love to have long hair. A while back I decided a chin length style would look nice and had it cut. Hated it straight away and have been growing it back ever since, I'm just past shoulder length now.

It depends why it's tangling. If it's because it's dry and damaged I'd definitely reccomend Phillip Kingsley Elasticizer, it's a bit pricey but it leaves her so soft and tangle free.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by sticky? Like you touch it and it sticks to your fingers or whatever? If so it sounds like you're using way too much product or you aren't rinsing your shampoo/conditioner out properly. Maybe try a detox shampoo or deep cleansing shampoo aimed at removing any build up of product that may not be removed by normal shampoo.

Christinegirl

Staff member
I think we're supposed to use them separately (even though a lot of combination shampoo/conditioners are available on the market). The conditioner prevents the shampoo from cleaning the hair properly.
With some shampoos, we may not even need a conditioner. :)