• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Split end treatment?

SarahNicole94

Hey ladies! So I have horrible split ends they're just dry and when I straighten my hair they just stick together no matter what Ido , really wanting to grow my hair out but I'm completely against cutting it. any remedies ?

jackz456

How about trimming the ends of your hair? If you are not interested in it then how about papaya hair pack. One of my cousins has tried it and it was effective for her. It is really a simple method, you just need to get rid of the skin and seeds, blend it until it's pulpy and add a half cup of plain yogurt and mix it well. Apply it on your hair and leave it for 30 minutes then rinse it out.
The other method which I used to do is olive oil treatment. It will also show a good result.

Amanda Brussels

just cut it. it's just hair. the only solution for split ends is a good haircut. nothing else. if you'd let it grow thinking hair products will help, obviously it's just for a little while and it would just aggravate in the process. cut it and let it grow. that's it

Richa94

If you don't want to go for cutting, then trim your hair because not getting your hair trimmed regularly is one of the causes of split ends.
Apply homemade natural hair mask such as egg mask. As we know that egg is a rich source of protein that helps in strengthening of hair strands and prevents hair from split ends. Another home remedy which is as effective as egg mask is aloe vera along with split ends it also helps in dealing other hair problems also.

Priyanka83

Hey ladies! So I have horrible split ends they're just dry and when I straighten my hair they just stick together no matter what Ido , really wanting to grow my hair out but I'm completely against cutting it. any remedies ?
Even I was getting the same problem a few months back and I don't like to trim or cut my hair. Split end occurs due to dryness, uses of the harsh product and styling tools. Although my mom says not to use this and she suggested me few tips might help you also.
  1. Gentle comb your damp hair - many times when you are out of patience and tangles of your hair are just not something you would like to deal with so you let it dry as it is and try to deal with it later. But that can damage your hair and results in breakage. So make a habit resolve those tangles before washing and then gently comb your hair.
  2. Stay away from styling tools
  3. Use hydration shampoo and conditioners and focus it at the end
  4. Say no to chemical products
Home remedies like Onion juice and castor oil can help your hair to grow long and strong.