• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Simple homemade DIY body wash recipes

punam

you can create your own homemade body wash that is safe for your skin, as it is formulated without chemicals and you could also personalise it with ingredients that you like.

What ingredients would you suggest? :)
I would also like to make my own hand/body lotion/cream because store-bought brands, too often, have chemicals.
True story: I had a small sample of an expensive imported hand cream that they were passing out in a store one day, in a styrofoam cup. (My hands were dusty so I didn't want to put it on my hands in the store.)
I put the cup in a draw and it accidentally got pushed back and I forgot about it.
A few months later, when I was tidying up my draw, I found it and noticed the cream had melted the styrofoam! And I thought: "And we're supposed to put this stuff on our skin?!" :eek::D

VivaGlow

What ingredients would you suggest? :)
I would also like to make my own hand/body lotion/cream because store-bought brands, too often, have chemicals.
True story: I had a small sample of an expensive imported hand cream that they were passing out in a store one day, in a styrofoam cup. (My hands were dusty so I didn't want to put it on my hands in the store.)
I put the cup in a draw and it accidentally got pushed back and I forgot about it.
A few months later, when I was tidying up my draw, I found it and noticed the cream had melted the styrofoam! And I thought: "And we're supposed to put this stuff on our skin?!" :eek::D
Wow, that's crazy! I haven't tried doing one myself, but I do see A LOT of recipes on Pinterest. The reason why I don't try is that I wasn't sure if it would really be effective, but hey, anyone's welcome to try, yeah?