• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

shoe size puzzle

Rhonda333

Maybe someone can explain why women's shoes in most store stop at size 10- which shuts me out since I'm an 11B. But with designer shoes that cost a lot more of course, they generally go to a size 12. Seems unfair to tall women.

Christinegirl

Staff member
Supply and demand. If a lot more of us were a size 11 or higher, we'd see a lot more shoes available in those sizes, in stores. :(

Rhonda333

Agreed, 90% of women will wear a size 10 or less, so how come the very small market for larger shoes can readily buy size 11 and 12 in a designer shoe.

Christinegirl

Staff member
Maybe because designer shoe companies (who specialize in making "one of a kind"/unique shoes), whether they be design or size, charge more and make their profit that way?

If I was a shoemaker, I would tailor-make shoes - I'd measure the person's individual feet (which means they'd have to come into my workshop or I'd visit them) and I'd have a variety of designs they could choose from.
There are too many people suffering because they're walking around in ill-fitting shoes.
I'd only charge them the price of the materials plus labor and overhead. I'd make money because my shoes would be affordable and my client base would be those with unique feet. :)
That way I wouldn't have to spend a lot of money, making a lot of shoes to have in stock (possibly only to have them sit on a shelf if I couldn't sell them). It's not like I can do much with a shoe no one wants. :D

I have a big trouble with another question. It must be an equal correspondence between EUR Point Paris, UK sizes, US sizes... and because some brands set its own sizes for the measurements they arbitrary will, we don't have any exact correspondence.

But, about that, I know a brand that has 12 shoe size for women and the price is the same as size 5