• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Satin Blouses And My Boss!

Laura-36

Hi all,
I just wanted some impartial and anonymous advice on something.

I’ve been working at a company for about 4 months now and I’ve recently started wearing satin blouses to work. I’ve always liked them but never thought them to be fashionable however my new job is in a smart office so I bought quite a few in bulk - blue, red, silver and green.

Each time I wear them for work I get compliments, from colleagues, my mum and my boyfriend.

I had a review last week and my boss told me I need to tone down my work outfits. I was a bit upset because I thought they looked really smart! She said satin isn’t appropriate in the office. But id seen others wearing satin and silk blouses and no one ever said anything.

This morning, my boss came in wearing a leather pencil skirt and bright purple satin blouse!!! She’s been getting compliments all day - and to be fair she looks great.

What do I do? Do I say something to her? Or next week just ignore her and carry on wearing what I want! I’d prefer i didn’t have to go and buy loads of new work shirts. Advice needed please.

Thank you!
Laura x

Rhonda333

Staff member
Keep wearing the satin and pair it with a bullet bra from Secrets in Lace. Cinch the waist with a belt and believe me, you will get noticed.

Last edited:
She's still your boss. I think you just need to tone it down a little, but you still have to continue wearing it. As long as, it still looks smart and decent. Why not? :)

Rhonda333

Staff member
I wore one to book signing (mixed crowd). Men of course riveted their attention to my bosom. Older women were disproving, but it was the young women who were so fascinated. They missed bullet bras in the 50's, the glamorous starlets like Monroe and Jane Russell. So they questioned me about where to get one. I was really pleased with myself.

charlene

Based on rhonda's suggestion, I recently purchased a bullet bra from SIL. I am naturally endowed but the bullet bra really made my "girls" outstanding! At the event I went to, all the folks (men and women), were focused on my bust! Actually I was wearing a sweater dress.

One consideration: I wouldn't wear that outfit to work! But of course that decision depends on you. Charlene

Laura-36

I’m not sure I could get away with the bullet bra at work! But I did wear a new satin blouse today, light blue with white collar and cuffs. This time my boss said it looks great. So I think I’m making progress! I also got chatted up by one of the IT guys (who is actually pretty hot) and got asked out for a drink. Maybe the bullet bra should be worn for that hehe x

Rhonda333

Staff member
There is a good reason the glamorous stars of the 50's wore bullet bras. Like Charlene said, they make you outstanding

Laura-36

Ok so I got a bullet bra.
I got invited out by the IT guy for a team night out. They arranged to go clubbing, which I’ve not done in about 5 years but said I’d go along. I’ve had a white sleeveless collar jumpsuit in my wardrobe for a long time and never worn it, but matched with the bullet bra it looked great!
I got a lot of compliments that night so thanks for the tip!

Rhonda333

Staff member
Hi Laura. That bullet bra weaponizes your bosom- really an unfair tactic I guess. But I find that it works even better than cleavage. We have really overdone that. Where did you get your bullet?

Laura-36

I got it from Etsy. I do a lot of my shopping there and I searched for one and a great one was on offer, so I got it!