• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Same dress problem!

Diana kotyuha

[/ATTACH] Need advice! My homecoming is in October and on Saturday I got my dress. I absolutely love it and love how I look in it. But I just found out today my best friend has the same exact homecoming dress. The same color and everything. I don't know what to do. What could I do to help stand out.[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

AskAlee

Hey! That's cute :) Hmm, maybe try some different accessories or a different pair of heels! But since this dress is so unique, you might just think about buying a new one! Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

missy23232323

I can totally understand this problems...especially if u live in a small town and there are only limited number of retail stores available. On big events, there is always a high chance of bumping onto someone wearing the same dress as you. It happened to me years ago but I was lucky it was in autumn so I managed to slip on my soft cardigan to make my dress look a bit different.

CassieLyons

Are you able to return it and get a new dress? If not, dress it up with different heels, accessories, makeup, and hair.

rabbithabit

diana, only my only suggest is perhaps a waist band or shortening length to make dresses not look exactly the same. also necklace and anklets to draw attention away from dress to your neck & legs. also good if your heels are a different color than your friend wears.