• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Research project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthrodani

{Staff notice: this interview will not be conducted in this forum.}

Hi everyone!!

My name is Danielle and I am a student at York University in Toronto, Canada and I just wanted to inform you all about an exciting research project I will be conducting on the Girls Forum, specifically within this forum of "Guy Talk". I just wanted to introduce myself so you are all aware of my presence, as I will be an active member within this forum ready and willing to provide advice to anyone who is willing to listen, as well as my own struggles I am experiencing. I have been in a committed relationship for almost 4 years and I believe I have a lot that I can offer to many of you who need advice, as well as search for some of my own answers!!!

My research involves me participating in this amazing site with all of you as well as conducting 4 interviews with members who are willing to participate. Its nothing too extensive and can definitely be completed over private message or email as well! My goals are to investigate why we are drawn to such online platform and how these discussions we partake in help us with our real world experiences with men. If anyone is willing to participate that would be so greatly appreciated! You can definitely reach out to me through this thread!!

I am so looking forward to talking with many of you about everything and anything related to men, and how they never fail to affect our lives as women:)

-Danielle

Last edited by a moderator:

Anthrodani

Thank you so much that would be amazing @Tommyli !!!! Feel free to let me know here what day and time would work for you and we can move forward with that process when you would like!

Christinegirl

Thank you so much that would be amazing @Tommyli !!!! Feel free to let me know here what day and time would work for you and we can move forward with that process when you would like!
As you'll be conducting your interviews over private message or email, why do we need to let you know what day and time is best for us?

Anthrodani

As you'll be conducting your interviews over private message or email, why do we need to let you know what day and time is best for us?
Ahaha I guess you're both kinda right. But the thing is I will have to send you all a consent form over email that you must sign before we begin (my university requires it for ethnical purposes).

And also, I just want to see what you are all the most comfortable with. Would you like to complete the interview all in one sitting, or is it something you would like to do over some time (a couple days or so)?

Enigma

Ahaha I guess you're both kinda right. But the thing is I will have to send you all a consent form over email that you must sign before we begin (my university requires it for ethnical purposes).

And also, I just want to see what you are all the most comfortable with. Would you like to complete the interview all in one sitting, or is it something you would like to do over some time (a couple days or so)?
I'll prefer in one go. And I'll send my mail ID but hope it's not misused cuz I don't even know you. I'm not offending you am just trying to be safe on internet.

Anthrodani

How do we send personal msg
Hi Enigma,

@Christinegirl will be creating a private message chat for us. Please do not send your email until we have created that private message because through this forum it will be available to the public.

I totally understand. If it helps this is my email, [email protected] (it is a secured email address at York University - the university I attend) feel free to email me first and I can reply with the consent form. How does that work?

-Danielle

Christinegirl

... my university requires it for ethnical purposes)...

Ethical purposes? ☺

If it's a survey, do we need to be "interviewed" or could we just fill out the survey and answer the questions on it?

Christinegirl

Hi Enigma,

@Christinegirl will be creating a private message chat for us. Please do not send your email until we have created that private message because through this forum it will be available to the public.

I totally understand. If it helps this is my email, [email protected] (it is a secured email address at York University - the university I attend) feel free to email me first and I can reply with the consent form. How does that work?

-Danielle
We might not need to respond to your email (thus giving you our email address) if we can participate in the research project here, on Girls Forum (through private messages - PM's that I can set up for you and each participant). You'll have as much privacy as you would in an email. (And it's not a good idea for anyone to give out their email address if they don't have to - just generally speaking.)
It's like not giving out our phone number if we don't have to, too. For example, a boy might ask for our number and he says he'll call but then he doesn't call... So what I do (when a boy asks for my number) is, I tell him: "You give me your number and I'll call you." (That way, I know we'll communicate with each other, instead of me "waiting by the phone and he never calls"). If the boy responds with something like: "How do I know you'll call? What if you say you're gonna call and you don't?" Then I answer with: "Then I'd just be acting like some boys, wouldn't I." :D

Last edited:

Anthrodani

Here I will attach the consent form so those who will be participating can review and sign it!

Thank you so much you all, I really appreciate your help! :) If you need any help or have questions please let me know. If you have further concerns, you can contact my professor as well with any questions, her email is in my initial post!

Anthrodani

Here I will attach the consent form so those who will be participating can review and sign it!

Thank you so much you all, I really appreciate your help! :) If you need any help or have questions please let me know. If you have further concerns, you can contact my professor as well with any questions, her email is in my initial post!
My apologies my professors email is not in my post, but it is located in the document if need be!

Christinegirl

I'm so sorry I had meant "Ethics". No it is not a survey, they will be questions!

Oh thats wonderful, I can post it here?
No problem, hon. I figured that's what you meant (but I wanted to be sure, just in case the survey was more about our ethnicity - stranger things have happened. :D)

Yes, you can post it here and we'll see how it goes. We'll keep our fingers crossed. :)

Anthrodani

We might not need to respond to your email (thus giving you our email address) if we can participate in the research project here, on Girls Forum (through private messages - PM's that I can set up for you and each participant). You'll have as much privacy as you would in an email. (And it's not a good idea for anyone to give out their email address if they don't have to - just generally speaking.)
It's like not giving out our phone number if we don't have to, too. For example, a boy might ask for our number and he says he'll call but then he doesn't call... So what I do (when a boy asks for my number) is, I tell him: "You give me your number and I'll call you." (That way, I know we'll communicate with each other, instead of me "waiting by the phone and he never calls"). If the boy responds with something like: "How do I know you'll call? What if you say you're gonna call and you don't?" Then I answer with: "Then I'd just be acting like some boys, wouldn't I." :D
LOL I like that @Christinegirl thats a really good strategy;). I wish I would of though of that one sooner, would have saved me a lot of heartache!

Status
Not open for further replies.