• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Recommend A Book!

K

Kate_Elliot

I like books of Jackie Collins because it's far from literature lessons))
And few days ago I finished Sophie Kinsella "Can you keep a secret" I liked it very much! But in English (russian translation is awful!)

Joanna

I quite enjoyed reading 'Life's Too F***ing Short' written by Janet Street-Porter. I do think she made many good points even though I disagree with some of her views. It is entertaining for sure and I like the parts written in big and bold letters because you know instantly what she wants to say and if you are not interested what it is about you simply move on to more interesting parts of the book. :D I really like the fact that she gets to the point very quickly and doesn't mess about.

Joanna

I just enjoy reading the crime novel 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' by Stieg Larsson. I only read a quarter of it now but it just doesn't stop to get better. I like how he develops the characters and changes perspective so the reader gets an insight that way. I also like how various plots develop simultaneously and you have to think while reading as well and he doesn't leave much space in between the switch sometimes so it doesn't get frustrating to wait for the continuation of a certain plot. Great tension building here, I can't remember when I read a book the last time that attracted that amount of my curiosity and attention. It is also really well written. I'll definitely read the other two parts of his trilogy. :D It's a long time ago I actually read a novel not study related in my free time. :)

I

Irinni

i really like alexandra potter,her books are really good,though she uses the language of a teenager,the stories are romances :)

Sheila

I've been reading Maria Menounos' new book, "The EveryGirl's Guide to Life." There's a lot of great organization, makeup, workout, and fashion tips. It's pretty much great for anybody, as the tips can apply to both men and women. You all should check it out.

I would say...

Shiver - Maggie Steifvater

The book is about werewolves. And it's a romance novel. It's actually pretty good, and a lot better than I expected it to be. In fact, I just found out it's a trilogy, and I'm looking forward to getting the next two books soon. :)

Teana

Other woman's shoes by Adele Parks

As soon as I read it i fell in love with it
It's about the perfect man :) Yes ladies he does exist lol
Read it ... you will see

Teana

I also deeply recommend Pants on Fire by Meg Cabot
I felt butterflies in my stomach while reading it!

H

Habesha Beauty

dracula- bram stoker
the host- Stephanie Meyer
Are You There God? It’s me, Margret. – Judy Blume

all awesome books.pls read...10 q

senidida

My favorite book is The hunger games by Suzanne Collins. It's amazing story. There's war, and there's love, but it's not romance book. It's more like love to our loved ones. It's realy moving story.
And the book is much better that movie. :)

K

Kaitlin A.

Coin Locker Babies, by Ryu Murakami (I have no idea if I spelled his name right!) :rolleyes:

L

Lizzy Q

How Should a Person Be? by Sheila Heti was the last book I read and I really enjoyed it.

It's about a young adult trying to figure out her career and place in life. I like fiction centered on character development and this book is a good exploration of what it's like to be a young women these days.

My explanation doesn't do the book justice, but it's a charming, funny, emotional book for sure!

Some not-romantic books:

Harry Potter series is awesome, but not that many people haven't read that one, haha

The Willoughbys by Lois Lowry is kind of for younger people (16 is stretching it...) but it's really humorous and has some funny parallels to the "real world" (it's fiction)

The Mysterious Benedict Society series by Trenton Lee Stewart is also good, it's about kid detectives basically (very basically)

I started this series called Saddler Wells by Lorna Hill, which was really good (even though I only read the first two or three books) It's about a girl (girls?) who love ballet, and that's about all i remember cause it was so long ago, but I remember loving it and wanting to get the rest of the books...

T

TungstenAffinity

I just read, and highly recommend, “The Fault In Our Stars” by John Green. It was a terrific, really great book. I will read it again. It’s funny, sad, heartbreaking and moving all at once. A great story that made me think about a lot of things in my life.

T

teegsdt

I read book on a website called watt pad you can download it as an app and read books written by teenagers and write you own. You can comment on them as well but you have to make an account