• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Read the book or watch the movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which do you prefer??

Personally, I prefer reading the book, for several reasons, that I prefer imagining the events of the book than to see them presented,which widens the imagination. Also, while reading you know exactly how the protagonist thinks and feels, which might be obsecure while watching the movie. Plus, not all what happens in the book is presented in the movie.

So what about u??

Simimano

I'd also like to do both, Read the book & watch the movie too, If I get into the book though, but I love reading so I'll take that book..and the movie too! If its a good movie I'm sure the book may be even better. :)

alayamickelson

I personally think that books have more realistic approach and give you a practical knowledge to face the world. As the saying goes Books are the best friends. So I will prefer to read books instead of watching movies until it is too interesting.

blackswann

Which do you prefer??

Personally, I prefer reading the book, for several reasons, that I prefer imagining the events of the book than to see them presented,which widens the imagination. Also, while reading you know exactly how the protagonist thinks and feels, which might be obsecure while watching the movie. Plus, not all what happens in the book is presented in the movie.

So what about u??
I feel exactly the same way. Because when you read something and watch it after all, those damn movie directors might disappoint you really bad. For example when I watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows I was like, where is the scene that Harry and Hermonie did that, oooh! this scene shouldn't have been presented like that etc.. So it is better reading and imagining ;)

After I read the book, I am always disappointed when I go see the movie.
I guess the books allow you to form your own image of the scene and how it would appear in your own life experiences.
Where as movies, you get that image from the director.
Although, I wish I could read a book as fast as I can watch a movie!

Stella

After I read the book, I am always disappointed when I go see the movie.
I guess the books allow you to form your own image of the scene and how it would appear in your own life experiences.
Where as movies, you get that image from the director.
Although, I wish I could read a book as fast as I can watch a movie!
I am so agree with you... Because i am fan of Dan Brown Books when i watch the Da Vinci Code and The angles and demons i was so disappointed

M

montenegrogirl

I always read books first then watch the movie. And after that I like to make comments about differences and similarities.

:)

T

TungstenAffinity

Most times, I will go with the book first, then go see the movie. I’ve even reread a book before seeing the movie so I could make a point of comparison. Of course, that usually resulted in me getting upset with the filmmaker(s) because they went so far off from the book that it wasn’t recognizable anymore.

R

Rosexoxo

I always like to read the book first to picture the characters or events to myself.
Then I go see the movie, to see how other people pictured it. It is always quite a shock to see the differences, but I think that movie adaptation are often quite good.

D

dorisqueen

If I read this book, maybe I want to go to see the movie, but if I have seen the movie, I definitely don't want to read the book.

Carolyn

Guess I'm the only one who watches the movie first? Most of the time I will just watch the movie and not read the book. I normally don't waste my time on a book unless it's some self-improvement book or a non-fiction novel such as one on biological warfare that really interests me.

Violet

I prefer reading a book, they overlook too many details in films. And one can never be inside the mind of the characters like in books. Though sometimes when I'm feeling lazy I prefer to just watch movies. There's less effort in it XD

Lola.

Guess I'm the only one who watches the movie first? Most of the time I will just watch the movie and not read the book. I normally don't waste my time on a book unless it's some self-improvement book or a non-fiction novel such as one on biological warfare that really interests me.
Same! Yeah, reading is okay. I like it. But watching movie gains you more time i think.​

sandy brady

Depends on what it is , if its something I have never heard of I will watch the movie to see if its worth it.
If its something like Harry Potter than BOOOOOKs every time

I prefer reading the book because most movies remove some of the best parts of a book and then replace them with other scenes which I, personally, am not happy with. Also, the book allows us to understand the storyline in detail and we can soon imagine the whole thing. If I do watch the movie before I read the book, then I will read the book if I thought the movie was impressive (based on the storyline).

Last edited:

missy23232323

I do both....eventhough I prefer to read the book than the movie version, I dont have the time and commitment and concentration...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.