• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Post-summer skin care routine

ailime

science loving teenager looking for happiness
Hi!!
I never had a skincare routine and I need some tips on how to build it ><
sooo...
  1. My skin is oily;
  2. I have acne, not very severe but still unnerving
  3. I recently got myself some sunburn and i need to treat it x))
Any tips are welcome

Christinegirl

Staff member
Hi again!

I'm so sorry you got sunburned - it can really sneak up on us, can't it! We're enjoying the sunshine and before we know it... :oops:

If you got sunburned over a large area of your body, I recommend sipping cool water/drinks (to keep your body hydrated).

Gently wash your skin with either your hand or patting with a soft washcloth (using a conditioner instead of soap - it's not just for our hair! :D)
Then apply either aloe vera gel or a lotion that contains aloe (or any soothing lotion/cream you have), preferably while sitting in front of a gently blowing fan.

For a facial skin care routine, I wash my face with water and "massage" those oily areas on my face with the corner of a bar of soap - then I rinse off with water again.

If I find I'm getting too much acne, I try to reduce the amount of oil/fat in my diet.
:)

VivaGlow

Aloe vera gel is like heaven for sunburnt skin! I have a stock at home in the fridge for emergencies, but I also make sure to use moisturizer to give it some extra hydration and lock it in after the gel. I do this morning and night. Cools the face and feels oh so great! Plus it also helps to calm down the oil. ;)

VivaGlow

Hi again!

I'm so sorry you got sunburned - it can really sneak up on us, can't it! We're enjoying the sunshine and before we know it... :oops:

If you got sunburned over a large area of your body, I recommend sipping cool water/drinks (to keep your body hydrated).

Gently wash your skin with either your hand or patting with a soft washcloth (using a conditioner instead of soap - it's not just for our hair! :D)
Then apply either aloe vera gel or a lotion that contains aloe (or any soothing lotion/cream you have), preferably while sitting in front of a gently blowing fan.

For a facial skin care routine, I wash my face with water and "massage" those oily areas on my face with the corner of a bar of soap - then I rinse off with water again.

If I find I'm getting too much acne, I try to reduce the amount of oil/fat in my diet.
:)
Wow! I didn't know you could use conditioner on the skin, too!

Christinegirl

Staff member
Wow! I didn't know you could use conditioner on the skin, too!
I know! Who knew?! :D If I'm not dirty (especially in the winter months) but I just want to freshen up when I take a shower, I use soap under my arms and on my perineal area (crotch/undercarriage area) and I use conditioner (instead of liquid soap) on the rest of my body.
It doesn't dry the skin as much as soap and I still feel cleaner than if I just used water. (And it usually smells nice, too.) :)

I got the idea because I would buy a shampoo and a conditioner with the same fragrance and I'd always use up the shampoo but still have almost a full bottle of conditioner left! Sometimes the fragrance was discontinued, it wasn't in stock, or more likely: I had bought it on sale and now I could only find it at full price and I was too frugal (cough cheap cough :D) to pay full price - hey, who has money to throw away! :D - so I had all these bottles of conditioner left over. So one day, I just decided to try it on my skin instead of liquid soap - and the rest is history. ;)