• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Possible Positive on pregnancy? Can someone help me out please ❤️

Sinsarahty

So I have a long term boyfriend, I’m 20 and he is 22 ( please don’t judge us for our age ) and basically we “did the deed” and the condom had split, I’ve been freaking out since. I bought some early detection pregnancy tests and.. I see a VERY faint positive on both (bare in mind my period is due in 6 days so the positive line would be very faint anyway) can anyone tell me if they see a line too or I’m just going crazy? I have looked into evaporation lines, it says evap lines only appear if the test is left longer than the recommended time usually 5 mins after taking it, but this line appeared straight away, also I’ve read that evap lines don’t usually show colour, I can see two faint blue lines but unfortunately it doesn’t show up on my camera. Hopefully you can tell by the pictures I’ve posted - please give me your opinions. I feel so alone in all this I have absolutely no girl friends to talk to or get opinions from❤

Ps I know I took them early I was just panicking and stressing my self out so much. I have one more test and I am going to wait until my expected period xxxx

Attachments

Christinegirl

Staff member
Our menstrual cycle is about 28 days (and we can only get pregnant if we have sex in the middle of the cycle - around 12-16 days before our period starts) so if you just had sex (and your period is going to be in about six days), there's no way you can be pregnant, hon.

I see a blue line on the second attachment but not on the first attachment.

Sinsarahty

We had sex on my ovulation day, that’s why I’ve been so scared. Is it possible to get fake positives? In real life I can see lines on both of them, and they both have colour. Although they are faint ❤

Christinegirl

Staff member
Yes, I've heard of fake positives. They're very common.

Also, I rushed my first answer but I wanted to say, if you're stressed out, your period might be late. Some women's bodies are affected like that.

You can talk to us about anything, hon. Please let us know how things go. :)

Sinsarahty

Okay, I’m going to just wait and see if I get my period or not. I should have stated that my ovulation day was on the 31st of March and that’s when the whole broken condom situation happened. :/
thanks for the advice ❤

Christinegirl

Staff member
Did you have a menstrual period in April and May?
If so, you're not pregnant, hon. :)
If you didn't (and your period is usually regular), then you might be pregnant and you won't get your period in six days. (It usually takes 3-5 days, after having sex, to conceive/get pregnant.)

Sinsarahty

My last period ended on the 23rd of May, on the 1st June was my ovulation day which was when we had sex, and today is 6 days before my period. I took the early detection pregnancy tests today ❤

Christinegirl

Staff member
Just to be clear, hon: did his condom break when you had sex on the 1st of June? If it didn't, you're probably not pregnant now. (You didn't get pregnant when his condom broke in March because you've had a menstrual period since then.) ;)

Christinegirl

Staff member
I think your boyfriend needs to get a different brand of condoms, hon. (Or maybe they're old and "brittle". Plastics, latex, etc. only has a limited shelf-life.)
If you know which day you're ovulating, you may want to stay away from him on that day. ;)

Please let us know how everything goes. ⛲

Christinegirl

Staff member
Is this good news for you, hon? If so, ✨ congratulations ✨ (if you are pregnant. Your baby is very brave to want to come down from Heaven right now, with all the craziness in the world! - that's if we existed in Heaven before we're conceived.) :)

nursingstudent

Disclaimer: I am a nursing student and I make no guarantee and assume no responsibility for, the correctness, sufficiency, accuracy or completeness of information or recommendations made, or for any errors, omissions or any outcomes related to my posts.

Hi Sinsarahty,
Congratulations! I was reading your post and was wondering if you would be interested in learning more about different topics that I could possibly research for you relating to your pregnancy or any questions you might have. I hope you are having an amazing day and I hope to hear from you soon.

Last edited:

nursingstudent

Disclaimer: I am a nursing student and I make no guarantee and assume no responsibility for, the correctness, sufficiency, accuracy or completeness of information or recommendations made, or for any errors, omissions or any outcomes related to my posts.

Hi Sinsarahty,
My professor felt that it would be beneficial to talk about the early preparation for pregnancy. So now that you have tested positive two times, it is important to check in with your provider as they will be able to discuss your current health, health history, and your family's history. At this time it will also be important to stop smoking, alcohol, and drugs (if you do) and to also limit caffeine intake. Eat a balanced diet and exercise as being overweight can increase the risk of problems such as high blood pressure and diabetes during the pregnancy. This is also the time to start looking at prenatal vitamins and look into those with folic acid in them. Folic acid reduces the risk of birth defects and you will also want to avoid high doses of vitamin A, D, E, and K as they can cause birth defects if you take more than the normal recommended daily amount. Pregnancy can be very stressful but it is important to remember to rest and relax. Thank you!