• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Ponytails - yes or no?

millie17

Hello :)
I need some advice. I've always worn my hair in a ponytail and it's the only way I feel comfortable with it. Recently, my friends and family have been hounding me about wearing it down and I'm torn - part of me thinks I can wear my hair how I want and I shouldn't listen to them, the other part thinks maybe I should. I have worn my hair down for certain occasions and always have it down at home but I just feel too weird about having it down in public. I worry that maybe I look better with it down and wearing it up is why haven't found a boyfriend. I really don't know what to do, any suggestions?

Vicky S

I say wear it however you feel most comfortable. When you feel good, you look good, as the saying goes! I have long thick hair and I get complimented on it when I wear it down, but it's not practical most of the time. So I wear it either in a ponytail or a bun, and then let it out if I go out at night,
Just wear it however you like! :)

LaurenTaylor

It's your hair, do what you want as no one can tell you different. But you could try it then decide after as what's the worst that could happen. Hope it goes well.

Asterian

You should wear whatever feels you comfortable. But if you have a long, oval head, maybe you would look better with a fringe. If I were you I'd try out a couple of different styles and ask friends what looks better. When I was younger, I cut my hair short and tried out several styles as they grew back.

rabbithabit

i wear pony tail when home alone. most guys like me to brush it over my left shoulder as in my id photo.

it is up to you how you wear your hair, of course.

i guess their are some guys that like that hair style, although i have never met one that did. depends on your goals in life if you want to meet guys best bet is not a pony tail in my experience.

NATUREGIRL

As my hair is around shoulder length, I will put it in s quite small/short ponytail and I have done for some time. I just have a ponytail around 50% of the time.
X

April

Hello :)
I need some advice. I've always worn my hair in a ponytail and it's the only way I feel comfortable with it. Recently, my friends and family have been hounding me about wearing it down and I'm torn - part of me thinks I can wear my hair how I want and I shouldn't listen to them, the other part thinks maybe I should. I have worn my hair down for certain occasions and always have it down at home but I just feel too weird about having it down in public. I worry that maybe I look better with it down and wearing it up is why haven't found a boyfriend. I really don't know what to do, any suggestions?
I'm sure you look beautiful any way that you wear your hair. I love wearing my hair up because it's out of the way but sometimes it can feel tight and give me a headache so I use a clip or tie half up and half down. Sometimes I like to wear it down too. It's totally up to you! The right guy won't care how your hair is done, just keep smiling and be yourself and do whatever feels right for you.

Redgirl

Wear it how you want. Trust in your own tastes and don't worry about it. Honestly, if you think you're not getting a boyfriend because of wearing a ponytail you must not have been around enough guys. Trust me, guys may like what they like, but a ponytail is no deal-breaker. Lots of guys love them.