• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Padded Bras

charlene

Hi ladies. In the past I have gotten good feedback from you, so here I am again. My daughter is 14 and will be entering high school in the fall. She is not as developed as many of her girl friends and is becoming self conscious of that. I am debating whether I should start buying her padded bras, for a time, to at least bring her to a B cup. One of my sisters says sure while my other sister says no. Any feelings either way. Charlene

Rhonda333

Staff member
I'd buy her the padded bra Charlene. She needs the added confidence of having a bosom specially if the other girls are developing. At 14 she just may be a little slow to blossom. If she has not caught up by the time she's 18, we can fix that too. And she can pick her size. What a great advantage.

charlene

Thanks for your support Rhonda. Yes, I'm leaning that way also. Now I have to work my way through the maze of padded, push up, bump pad, type bras. It is new to me since I was forunate not to ever have to wear any padding. You are right also that now have to decide on a cup size that is good for her. I don't think I want to go any larger than a B cup even though I know some of her friends are C cups.

Rhonda333

Staff member
a B cup should be just fine. She may make a C cup on her own- or of course you can help again.

rabbithabit

boobs are very important to a teenagers self esteem. flat chested girls get bullied by other normal or over developed girls and are ignored by the boys

i highly recommend you support your daughters need to fit in by buying her a padded bra. fourteen year girls are very sensitive to their appearance.

charlene

Thank you rabbit and Rhonda for your feedback. It is much appreciated. I have bought her 3 bras. Each one has more padding than the previous one. I plan on letting her wear one a month, starting with the smallest one first and working up to the biggest one ( a full B cup). I think that would be wise rather than appearing she developed overnight. any comments from you ladies? Charlene

rabbithabit

Charlene, your strategy is very well prepared and logical. What size did you select? 32-34 would be best fit with other quick developers around fourteen years old.

charlene

Yes Rabbit I went with the first bra being a 32, then the other two bras being a 34. When I showed my daughter the bras, she (of course) wanted to start wearing the biggest one! But I explained to her what I wanted to do, she was agreeable to that. Charlene

rabbithabit

Charlene, you are a excellent mom and strategic in raising your daughter. i am sure you have her on the pill and have guided her well about sex at her age

boobs are first sign to boys that girls are ready for getting alone. fourteen is sexual exploring time for kids

charlene

Yes Rabbit, I have certainly had talks with my daughter about "life and boys". And I do worry because she is a very pretty girl. Btw, thank you so much for your compliment! Charlene

Rhonda333

Staff member
Whew! I'm glad I don't have a teen age daughter to face those issues. Then there would be the boy friends. But I agree with rabbit Charlene- its a good plan an I think you are doing well.

rabbithabit

Charlene, you deserve compliments, teenage girls are a challenge I know for sure i have teenage friend so understand problems you face

charlene

No, it isn't easy. There are trying times but there are also very rewarding times.Thank you. Charlene

sandy brady

i would buy her padded bras for the confidence . they make her feel older and more mature . of course dont make them mad padded so she doesnt get called fake boobs or something . but a little padding never hurt anyone .
I struggled growing up as mine werent as big as other girls but honestly i grew up and now literally own only 1 padded bra just because who needs it . if she needs it now , let her have it , she ll grow out of it , or not, doesnt hurt

charlene

Sandy, thank you for your reply. Yes, we are currently wearing the padded bras in the method I described. I agree with you, time will tell. I told my daughter that soon family genetics will kick in (I am not lacking in the bust area). Thanks again.

charlene

Hi Rhonda. Good to hear from you. Yes, SIL is my go to on-line site. Ihave bought open bottom girdles, garter belts, and stockings on their site. All those items look, feel, and fit perfectly! I have not bought any bras yet. When you can, give me some feedback when you have tried on the bra. I'm sure you will look "outstanding". Charlene

Rhonda333

Staff member
secrets (1).jpg

Hi Charlene. Here's the bra I bought.. I wore it to a book club event under a silver satin blouse belted at the waist. This is NOT for the faint hearted. You really stick out and are very pointy. I could sense disproval from the older women. The young women were interested and two even asked where I bought it. The guys were mesmerized- I don't think they even looked at my face. This really fits well and controls you nicely. No danger of falling out like some push up bras. I think that some women might not fill out the points . However they sell a little pointy pad for that purpose.

charlene

Hi Rhonda, thanks for the feedback. OMG those SIL models are unbelieably beautiful women! Anyway, I give you credit for wearing the bra. I wouldn't have the courageto waer it to work or to any event. DDon't worry about the older women's response, I'm sure they wished they could have pulled it off as you did! Charlene

Rhonda333

Staff member
Charlene- I really think the bullet bra attracts more favorable attention than deep cleavage with a push up bra. And like I said, no danger of falling out. Maybe we have overworked the whole cleavage thing.