• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Oily hair...

A

Alexandra

So I have really oily hair, and it's annoying.
I either wash it every day, or just use dry shampoo on the top of my head when I don't wash it.
But I can't go a day without one of the two.
Is there anything I can do to help?
Or products that are good?

senidida

Maybe you should try to wean your hair away from washing? If you have a few days off, when you don't have to see anyone, you can try to not wash up your hair. It's unpleasant, but you can always try.
Or you can use some moisturizing masks hair. ;)

E

Elisa g

I agree with senidida or maybe you could try this tip: wash your hair with vinegar. I know that this sound strange but a friend of mine had your same problem, so once she decided to wash her hair fist with vinegar and then with a shampoo. Later her hair were bright!

senidida

janggeungulk is right. Oiling hair is phenomenal. Recently I've started to read about oiling hair and use it for my hair. I recommend it for everyone.
Try this out. :)

S

summer121

I had the same problem. So I started to wash every second day only. It was hard as I wasn`t feeling comfortable with oily hair but I managed somehow. Now I have been doing it for a while and I can wash my hair every second day. My very good find for oily scalp is scrub shampoo and balancing shampoo from Davines. I have been looking for this for a long time as scrub is good but never seen for hair.

D

dorisqueen

Me too. It is not really good that wash your hair every day. You can try two days.

teena0

Oily scalp is a result of excessive oil production by the sweat glands. The main symptom of oily hair is that the scalp appears greasy in a day or two after washing. The hair starts looking dirty, dull and stringy. There are chances of experiencing itching and development of dandruff.

The several factors that contribute to oily hair include heredity, stress, hormonal imbalances caused in women during menstruation, eating extra oily rich foods and improper care of hair. There are some home remedies that can help to keep the hair look fresh.