• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Need Answer For Something..... Confused

unknown93

Hello,
My husband and his brother was living together and paying all expenses in half half before me and my husband got married.
but after my marriage every thing changed, so my brother in law said i have to pay for everything equally as we are living in canada and i am earning money too. so he said we have to divide our rent, grocery etc in 3 parts. where i believe its not right because i came here as his wife not as another person to share their basement.
When i said to my brother in law then you have to do all household work too even making food and everything with me, lets divide that also in 3 parts, then he said its my duty to do that after marriage.
Can you guys please help me out by giving your opinions.
Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Rhonda333

Three people living together should share the expenses equally- specially if all 3 are working. However, the household chores should also be divided equally with everybody contributing.

Christinegirl

Staff member
I'm wondering if your husband married you because he loves you or because he wanted someone to share in the living expenses with (especially if you told him you wouldn't have sex with him until you were married).

I find it strange that his brother is still living with you and your husband after you got married. Usually the husband and wife live together, apart from other family members.
But at least you only have to pay a third of the rent, rather than a half of it (as you would if you were only living with your husband).

It's not your "duty" to do the housework, cook the meals, etc. (That was ok back in the day when the husband would go out to work and the wife was a full-time housewife/wife/mother.) You're working outside of the home so those responsibilities should be divided equally also (unless one or more of the men is home full time. Then he/they should do all of the housekeeping chores, cook, etc.)

sandy brady

sounds like you have a relationship with your brother in law....
where is your husband in this?? some push over!
stand up for yourself and tell your husband to deal with his brother. you married him not his entire family.
also. my petty ass self wants to tell you to cook only 1 portion, that way your husband s forced to stand up to his brother.

JennyBright

Hello,
My husband and his brother was living together and paying all expenses in half half before me and my husband got married.
but after my marriage every thing changed, so my brother in law said i have to pay for everything equally as we are living in canada and i am earning money too. so he said we have to divide our rent, grocery etc in 3 parts. where i believe its not right because i came here as his wife not as another person to share their basement.
When i said to my brother in law then you have to do all household work too even making food and everything with me, lets divide that also in 3 parts, then he said its my duty to do that after marriage.
Can you guys please help me out by giving your opinions.
Thank you
It's definitely not normal, have a talk with your husband and that brother.