• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

My last guy is straight up the guy from YOU TV show

MCiel

OMG....I just started watching the new TV show on Netflix. Called “YOU”.
I just can’t grasp how much resemblance it has with my real life story with my last guy.

Crazy part is that I know, he is a low key psychopath, yet I can’t get over him.

I’ve literally been thinking of him every single day since our last time together- since November of last year!

How do you get over something like this?
He did the same thing, that the guy in the TV show, he watched me, he stalked my social media, he inserted himself into my life and was a “friend” for a while, then gave me all the love and attention I was looking for, only to dump me later.

Ever since, he has been hoovering me back from time to time, giving me hope of treating me with that original love. But every time with the Hoover game, the discard completes the cycle.

Christinegirl

Staff member
We can love someone and not love their behavior.
When we can't get over someone after a long time, the only thing I can think of is to try to find someone else to spend time with/occupy your thoughts with.
You might have some unresolved issues with this guy but as he's a psychopath, you might not be able to get through to him even if you were to reach out to him and try to salvage the relationship.

Also, maybe you can't stop thinking about him because the love and attention he gave you is like a "drug" that you're craving.

If you can't find anyone to "replace" him and you still can't stop thinking about him, maybe accept his advances (if he's still trying to hoover you into a relationship). Be cautious, take it slow, (don't have sex with him or be intimate with him because who knows what kind of diseases he's carrying - especially if he's intimate with other people after he dumps you). "Go along for the ride", enjoy the attention he gives you while constantly reminding yourself that it's probably only temporary until he dumps you again. Then if he does dump you again, you'll be emotionally ready for it (as much as one can be under those circumstances). It's a roller-coaster existence and I don't recommend it, but maybe you need to go through it to get him "out of your system". And when you've reached a point that you're permanently so tired of being dumped (and it outweighs the love/attention he gave you), you won't want him in your life anymore and you can comfortably move on and not think about him every day. (Also, if you do repeatedly take him back, be prepared that he might not respect you. He might think you're a fool/an idiot for taking him back after he's repeatedly dumped you. And if he wasn't already abusive when you were together, he might start to be abusive - because in his mind, he might think you'll put up with "anything".)
You have to do what's best for you, hon. :)

Rabbits

OMG....I just started watching the new TV show on Netflix. Called “YOU”.
I just can’t grasp how much resemblance it has with my real life story with my last guy.

Crazy part is that I know, he is a low key psychopath, yet I can’t get over him.

I’ve literally been thinking of him every single day since our last time together- since November of last year!

How do you get over something like this?
He did the same thing, that the guy in the TV show, he watched me, he stalked my social media, he inserted himself into my life and was a “friend” for a while, then gave me all the love and attention I was looking for, only to dump me later.

Ever since, he has been hoovering me back from time to time, giving me hope of treating me with that original love. But every time with the Hoover game, the discard completes the cycle.
I would advise you to keep away from this guy I don't think he's suitable for you