• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

My coworker!!

Fangirl101

So there’s a new guy at work soooo cute! First day I ever seen him said good morning to him ( first time speaking ) and our next shift we’re on a break together and he starts asking questions about how to request days off and stuff so I answer and I am a very awkward person. If I think you’re good looking I won’t look at you because I know I’ll start smiling so big and be embarrassed. So that whole time I barely look at him but I can see that he’s been starring as I’m talking too him. We’re sitting there and he asks me who’s charger that was and it was mine so I said me and he said do you mind if I use it and I say go ahead so he has to reach over me to get the charger and plug it in & I ask if he wants to switch so he can be closer and he said yeah an he kept trying to talk to me but I’m nervous lol tells me thank you about 8 times hahaha but after that up until a few days he’s always starred at my me like whenever I look up at him he’s already starring starring tonight I’ve noticed get red wasn’t starring as much as usual but I still stare at him you know but I need help WHAT DOES THIS MEAN???? SHOULD I BE HAPPY?? Could he like me!!?? I need adviceee

Christinegirl

Staff member
He sounds like he might be awkward and nervous, too, but he appreciates your help (and also probably finds you attractive. Guys usually don't keep looking at a woman unless they find her attractive - guys and them being visual creatures and all that. :D)

Guys will often give a woman his undivided attention when he first meets her, first dates her, etc. - I guess she's a novelty for him, in the beginning.
It's only after he's known her for awhile that he'll start to pay less attention to her,
be more interested in what's on the television: "Not now. Can't you see I'm trying to watch the game...",
or he'll say: "Yes, dear" even though he really isn't paying attention to what she was saying.

I'd say, enjoy the attention while it lasts. (I would also recommend not getting too involved with any co-worker because if it doesn't work out, but you still have to work together, it could become awkward for you - for example, if he starts to flirt with other women after you've broken up.)

:)

Fangirl101

@WhiteShoulder yeah I feel that he does to. A manager today said my name and he like looked at me from the side like very quickly but I caught it! I’m super awkward so idk if I will be saying anything! But I’ve learned rejection is okay. So I am going to at least try to say something. Could be friends could not be but it’s all okay!

Christinegirl

Staff member
He probably finds you pretty, too, as he's paying so much attention to you. :)

Don't sell yourself short, hon. I'm sure you're a very nice and attractive person with lots of good qualities. (And a lot of guys don't even like skinny women anymore.) ;)