• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Mixed feelings for college

brianavani

I don't know what to feel or think for college. I'm happy that my friends are going to the colleges they want and to study what they want, but I'm so sad everytime I think of college. My close friend group is separating, so we won't get to hang out every week and talk to each other all the time. I know that things are going to get better, but the sadness that keeps coming makes me so sad and I just don't know how to feel better, like I know we aren't dying and we can text and call but it's not going to be the same as us all living in the same city.

Christinegirl

Staff member
Often in life, when one door closes, another one opens. But that doesn't mean it isn't sad that that one door is now closed.

Unfortunately, life contains loss as well as new opportunities and experiences.

It's perfectly understandable that you feel sad, right now. When you start school and are busy with all your new and exciting experiences, hopefully your relationship with your friends will take on a new dynamic: you'll have lots of news to share with your friends (and they can share their news with you).

I would recommend spending as much time as possible with your friends while you're still together. Then focus on preparing for the next chapter in your life.

Perhaps, in the future, you can plan "reunions" with your friends; coming together for the holidays, special occasions, etc. :)