• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Maxi Dresses

D

dorisqueen

Spring is coming, maxi dresses are necessities for women. I just feel they're beautiful but too mature to us. :(
l.jpg

Why would you think there for older ladies?
Honestly, fashion is what you make it.
I own a few of these dresses, Worn at the right venue, like a summer cookout, at a beach boardwalk, or at a casual event during the summer, maxi dresses are fashionable and fun!
I went to a outdoor lawn concert in one and I got a lot of complements!
They are the chic summer wear if you are tired to showing a little leg.
Maxi dresses tell the world I am a lady where as a mini might convey different connotations....

D

dorisqueen

Why would you think there for older ladies?
Honestly, fashion is what you make it.
I own a few of these dresses, Worn at the right venue, like a summer cookout, at a beach boardwalk, or at a casual event during the summer, maxi dresses are fashionable and fun!
I went to a outdoor lawn concert in one and I got a lot of complements!
They are the chic summer wear if you are tired to showing a little leg.
Maxi dresses tell the world I am a lady where as a mini might convey different connotations....
You're right, maybe I can try it.:)

W

Wendy in Canada

I agree, wearing a maxi dress always looks so feminine. I have a floral one with a sexy slit to just below my knee that I love wearing with either heels or flats.

Superalgebraic

German Rapunzel
I don't think they look "too mature" - depending on the style of the dress.
I have a favourite maxi dress which is completely black with see-through lace on the bottom. I love it because it goes with everything and every occasion!
Like said before, fashion (and maxi dresses) are what you make it! :)

D

davie

I love maxi dresses and there are so many pretty styles available this spring!

Kellygirl59

Dresses that go all the way to your ankles are a pain. All that skirt just gets in the way.
My skirts and dresses go just above my knees

TheTigerThief

I have to agree with Kellygirl59, my maxi dresses/skirts are a bit of a pain sometimes so I don't wear them very much. I get lots of compliments when I do wear them though and I think they look very nice on people.

CassieLyons

I love maxi dresses, I have several, along with maxi skirts. Very easy and comfortable while being fashionable. You can also dress it up or down.

missy23232323

I catches a lot of public transport - buses & trains - so maxi-dresses are def no-no for me. I find it hard to wear casual shoes with maxi dresses. It seems your shoes need to have certain amount height in the heels to look good.
I have only 1 maxi-dress in my wardobe and i really love it very much but unfortunately i dont get to wear it much as i dont go to many formal events.

CassieLyons

If I had to use public transport more often I know I wouldn't be able to wear maxi skirts and dresses! I remember times where it was difficult when I was in vegas with the wind and all of the escalators.

missy23232323

I have tried a few times wearing boyleg inner shorts with my dress...just in case the wind blew hard i wont be embarrassed...but it simply wasnt comfy.

Sarah Dunlop

I think maxi dresses can be worn by women of all age groups and not just younger women!

Last edited by a moderator:

gracek

i also love maxi dresses, but i not too tall so i choose other it is fit for not too tall girl

Last edited by a moderator:

rabbithabit

maxi dresses look fine on many people but i find them constraining and uncomfortable. i am more mini dress lover.