• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Makeup...Where to start?

Hey!
I really want to start wearing makeup, because I bought a bunch of it...And I have no idea where to start..
I'm going for a more cute kind of look.
Does anybody have any tips? I don't want to show up at school looking like a clown.

Christinegirl

Staff member
I hear ya. Though, if looking like a clown was all the rage, we'd all be wearing clown makeup. :D
I'd look at what the other girls are wearing and use that as a guide. There's a certain comfort in "blending in" with the crowd. :)

As you're young, I'm sure your skin has a naturally lovely look so you probably don't need a lot of product, clogging up your pores.

I'm of the philosophy "less is more" so I would just start with a light shade of lip gloss or lipstick.

You might like to apply a very thin "swipe" of mascara on your eyelashes to make them stand out and give them that fuller look.

If your skin is naturally pale, you might like to apply a very light dusting of rouge on the apple of your cheek (where your cheekbones are).

What's even more important than makeup is: getting plenty of fluids, eating a healthy diet, getting a good night's rest, dealing with problems calmly so as to avoid constant frowning, having a clear conscience so you're more likely to enjoy life and have a sparkle in your eyes (which are the windows to the soul).
Having a good disposition and a pleasant, kindly look with a ready smile on one's face is better than all the makeup in the world. :)

Marylo

When you've had really bad acne as well for as long as you can remember, it could take a while for to discover what kind of products you should be using to help calm down acne and minimize damage as much as possible.

There's usually a pattern of what would cause break outs - when eating too much junk food, dairy or greasy food. So, definitely the first step is to stay away from that and it can improve your skin condition.You also need to pay attention to the products you're using.

Last edited by a moderator: