• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Make-Up Newbie Need Help.

D

dorisqueen

As a make up newbie. I don't know how to start completely. Someone can provide a series of steps for me?

ChloeR

First I suggest you to read a bit about your skin and applying makeup in theory.

Or maybe simply ask your mum to show you some basic tricks?

Last edited by a moderator:

Soph123

Hi!

The basic products for a natural everyday look are:
Foundation
Mascara
Blush
Eyeshadow
Concealer

Visit your nearest make-up shop and ask for advice. Like what product to choose for your specific skin tone and skin type etc.

My best tip though, is to watch some tutorials on YouTube, there is a myriad out there with great content!

Good luck!

Penzi

It all depends on what type of "look" you're going for. My every day make up routine is different to when I go out on the weekends.

But, here's a rough example of what I usually do:

- Apply moisturizer, concealer, liquid foundation then powdered foundation to my face.
- Curl my eyelashes and then apply mascara to top and bottom lashes, but if I'm going out I'll line the top of my eyelid with eyeliner before I do this.
- Fill in my eyebrows
- Apply lip balm or lipstick if I'm going out

Everyone has there own way of doing it and once you get into the swing of things you'll find your own little routine and tricks that work right for you.

Xx

Girls, girls...ah to be in my 20's again...*sigh*
The younger you are the less you need...remember less is more!
Go very light on foundation, just enough to hold a light dusting.
There are a lot of good videos about make-up techniques on youtube.

Kimbee

Look on YouTube. There are many makeup tutorials. Eye shapes, depths, skin complexion, etc is different for everyone, and so it is best to just experiment until you find looks that you like.

lizza_johnson_10

As a make up newbie. I don't know how to start completely. Someone can provide a series of steps for me?
Makeup is an art that some of us and others still fail to get that flawless makeup look. I know the real pain of not having the ideal makeup look, as a girl who has recently started doing makeup. I also began to look for videos and posts that would give me some details on how to go with the makeup things, much like other girls who struggle with makeup. So I also suggest you to just watch some videos and read blogs and you can get the basics about make up.

TammyValentine

Hi!

The basic products for a natural everyday look are:
Foundation
Mascara
Blush
Eyeshadow
Concealer

Visit your nearest make-up shop and ask for advice. Like what product to choose for your specific skin tone and skin type etc.

My best tip though, is to watch some tutorials on YouTube, there is a myriad out there with great content!

Good luck!
This is a great help. I'm rather new too.

RinatHylat

I would advise you to watch special video courses on YouTube, it seems to me that they will help you a lot. The main thing is always to do natural makeup so there is no bust. I have a friend who always painted her eyebrows beautifully, but then she wanted to do microblading herself at some point. After this procedure, her eyebrows looked just awful. Too dark and unnatural. It's good that REMOVE MICROBLADING EYEBROWS AT HOME was recommended to her. She followed all the recommendations, and now her eyebrows look very natural. So the main thing in makeup is not to overdo it.

Last edited by a moderator: