• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Looking for Best natural Skin Remedies

Ayeshajoe

Hi, I've been looking for Home Remedies, and natural skin care tips. If anyone can suggest. I've got Dry skin..

Christinegirl

Staff member
For dry skin, you might like to look at my posts at:
and
:)

lizza_johnson_10

Hi, I've been looking for Home Remedies, and natural skin care tips. If anyone can suggest. I've got Dry skin..
Extremely dry skin can lead to cracking, flaking, and irritation. It is safer to try natural home remedies instead of relying on chemical-based products. So here are some natural dry skin home remedies that will help you fix all these things.
1.olive oil: Olive oil contains many antioxidants and healthy fatty acids that are good for your skin. It can soothe and condition dry skin all over your body.Dab a thin layer of extra virgin olive oil under your regular moisturizer.About half an hour before taking a shower, rub some olive oil on your hands, legs, and other areas with dry skin and massage lightly. Take a shower and then apply a light moisturizer. Mix two tablespoons of olive oil, four tablespoons of fine brown sugar, and one tablespoon of honey. Rub this homemade scrub on your dry skin using light, circular motions for a few minutes. Take a shower and then apply a light moisturizer.
2.Milk cream: The lactic acid present in milk cream helps exfoliate dry skin. The soothing nature of milk cream also helps preserve the skin’s delicate pH levels. Milk cream is also an excellent moisturizer. Mix a few drops of lemon juice, one teaspoon of milk, and two teaspoons of milk cream. Rub it on your hands and legs. Leave it on for a while before you take a shower. Do this once daily. Add enough milk cream to three to four tablespoons of gram flour to make a thick paste. Apply the paste on your face, hands, and legs. Leave it on for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Do this once daily.
3.Coconut oil: Coconut oil is really good for treating dry skin. It has a good amount of fatty acids that make up for any loss of moisture from the skin. Liberally apply warm coconut oil all over your body before going to sleep. Wash it off in the morning. Do this daily to make your skin soft and smooth. Apply coconut oil on your dry skin after you take a bath or shower. When the skin is warm and supple from your bath, coconut oil is more readily absorbed. Do this daily.

Margaux

Hello. I have read several articles about skin problem remedies and many reviews say that CBD product is effective for dry skin.

riyaqwer

Hi, I've been looking for Home Remedies and natural skin care tips. If anyone can suggest. I've got Dry skin..
You can try 10 Different DIY Turmeric Face Mask. Well, this wonder spices is taking the skincare world by storm. This noble spice holds a famed position in Indian weddings for the bride’s and bridegroom’s glowing skin. It also contributes a lot in Ayurveda to cure diseases and for clear skin too.. You can follow this blog: https : // allfacemask.com/ for info.

Last edited by a moderator:

PamelaKnight121

Home remedies for dry skin
  1. Sunflower seed oil. A 2013 study found that sunflower seed oil improved hydration when used as a moisturizer on participant's arms. ...
  2. Coconut oil. Another natural oil that works well to treat dry skin is coconut oil. ...
  3. Oatmeal bath. ...
  4. Drinking milk. ...
  5. Honey. ...
  6. Petroleum jelly. ...
  7. Aloe vera.

Annabelle6

The secret to clean skin is the ability to recognize that not single product or routine will actually help you achieve that.
Skincare products are complementary to lifestyle habits/ choices.
Below are my tips.
  1. Drink enough water, get plenty of sleep, and use a cream with SPF. These are the basics.
  2. Make your skin sweat through regular exercise (it can also be just sex). Exercise is great for your skin. This is mainly due to the fact that the effort increases blood circulation and oxygen supply to the skin, which is clearly visible in reddening of the skin during exercise. More oxygen and nutrients in the skin also mean improved cell growth, which is reflected in an increased renewal rate of the cells. Furthermore, the increased blood circulation supports the removal of dead skin cells and free radicals.
  3. Take care of your diet. Avoid processed food and gluten as much as you can (I know in the US it is impossible to avoid completely).Cut the sugar and opt for fruits with low sugar content (avocado and berries).
  4. Make sure you don’t have a hormonal unbalance. Many skin issues such acne are caused by a hormonal unbalance and until you fix it, you won’t have spotless skin.
  5. If necessary, supplement your diet with collagen proteins. Studies have shown that regularly ingesting hydrolyzed collagen can support overall skin health and combat the effects of aging, thus reducing the appearance of wrinkles, increasing skin hydration and smoothness, and supporting elasticity.
Once you have checked all these boxes, continue with the following:
  • Try to educate yourself more on how the beauty industry works and what makes a great serum, cream, cleanser, etc. Learn the different ingredients that can be used in skincare products and what makes them work or not. You can find more resources on this on my website
  • Do not wash your face more than twice/ day. Not only it is pointless, but it actually damages your skin barrier. Also avoid harsh cleansers , for example all that contain sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS). It is not toxic, but using too much of it will dry out your skin. To clean, you can simply use vegetable oils.
  • Exfoliate once or twice/ week. Avoid homemade scrubs and choose those formulated by professionals instead.
  • Use only high quality skincare products. If you have sensitive skin avoid fragrances (including natural ones such as essential oils ) and dyes.
I would suggest starting with one or two things and gradually implementing the others. I know how much effort it takes to change radically because I’ve been there myself.