• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Kindly share your views.

miyathomas

Hi, I own a boutique where I design and sell dresses. Some people are monitoring my shop and have been copying my designs. I am not sure what to do to protect my designs. How can I take copyright permission for business? accesscopyright.ca Do I copyright every single design? Kindly share your views.

Last edited by a moderator:

Christinegirl

Staff member
It might be a good idea to copyright every single design - just to protect your rights (and your hard work).

PearlK

Adult
Hi Miyathomas - you've probably done a web search to find this information, but if you haven't come across them, try searching for the Copyright Alliance or LexisNexis.

The Copyright Alliance is clear and simple, and LexisNexis is more technical with some interesting cases of fashion copyright actually being contested in court.

I know we can't share direct links in the forums, so once you've got to the home page of each, go here:

Copyright alliance ...org/ca_faq_post/copyright-fashion-designs/
and
LexisNexis ...com/lexis-practice-advisor/the-journal/b/lpa/posts/copyrights-in-the-fashion-industry-tips-for-protecting-designs

Your question is a few months old now, but I hope this still helps.

xxP