• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Jessica Simpson

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmmaRose

I've seen the pics of Jessica Simpson and even though I am not a fan of hers, I don't think she is fat. If she was skinny they would say she needs a burger and now that she has put on some weight they say she is fat. She just can't win.

LeighA

I don't get it. Either celebrities are too thin or too fat. And usually there's like a 5 pound difference between them. Why is the media and critics so CRITICAL about every ounce on someone's body? Get over it!!

Its always the same, and I doubt it will change. Its called jealousy and its really a horrible manifestation of the human spirit.

Love yourself for who you are and then you'll stop worrying about what others look like so much.

(not directed to the OP, just the media).

Janelle

It's a terrible thing that the media do to celebrities. They media, and people in general it seems, expect them to be perfect, which is bad enough, but they have this image of perfection that is unattainable.

I don't think it's a matter of jealousy, I think it's more so a matter of what sells. People buy the magazines with "Fat" Jessica Simpson on the cover. I admit that I am one who buys magazines on occasion to entertain myself, but I don't expect any of what I read to be true.

Lynette

That's why we have lots of magazines as well as websites that dedicate their contents to celebrities. The general public, especially the teenagers, have an undying appetite for celebrities news. No news is ever too dull or boring for them provided that the news are related to famous celebrities.

Janelle

I like reading celebrity news, it's just the fact that so much of it relies on the weight gains and losses of celebrities. I enjoy reading about premieres and upcoming movies, shows, etc.

I hate that the magazines have started using weight as a way to get to celebrities. Jessica Simpson is probably a size 8 to 10 and there's nothing wrong with that! She shouldn't have to deny that she is the size she is. She's not fat, I think she's pretty average in size actually. She's not thin, she has curves, and that's not a problem! She looks good.

It it's just a matter of what sells then I think what we need to look at is WHY it sells. I certainly don't agree with the image, and it seems there are others who don't. Yet the drivel is still going.

Miss Cleo

But REALLY now, is Jessica Simpson fat? I can't see it. Unless they want her to look as thin as a stick. This hoopla makes absolutely no sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.