• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

I've got a flat chest and it's not growing.

Luna

Hello, I'm 18 years old. My chest is flat as a board and there's been no sign of growth at all.
I have a small appetite. I've been thin and a little underweight all my life but my height is normal.
It's really hard to find clothes that fits me and not looking weird around the chest area.
I can't even find a bra that fits me so it's quite bothersome during summer.
I've heard that taking in extra fat will make them grow so there was a period of time when I kept eating junk food and drinking soda.
I ate lots of chips and candies paired with a can of coke almost everyday but it didn't work. I didn't even gain much weight after all that.
It's getting kind of frustrating because everyone around me have normal boobs and they look cute in any clothing.
My sister keep telling me that having a flat chest is fine but she doesn't understand my frustration of not feeling feminine and girly.
Is there any chance of me having boobs? Or am I going to be stuck with this chopping board body my whole life?

Christinegirl

Staff member
There is a certain amount of fatty tissue in our breasts but there are a lot of glands, too - and that's what gives us shape. (So gaining weight might increase their size a little but we'd probably put on more weight around our midsection, rather than the chest area.)
Breast-feeding is what increases breast size - because the glands fill up with breast milk.

Developing our pecs (specifically the pectoralis major muscles) might be a better way to acquire some shape in the chest region. (Have you ever seen some of those weight lifters! You could put a dress on them and take a picture from the neck down and you'd swear it was a woman! And those "breasts" don't sag either! :D)

Was your mom (or other women in your family) small-breasted? It might be hereditary.
It sounds like you might have a very good metabolism, too (which doesn't help if we want curves).

Cross-dressers and women who've had a mastectomy often put foam rubber forms into their bras to give them shape under their clothing.

You might want to get your estrogen level checked, also. I don't know if estrogen supplements would help your breast size but if you have a low level of estrogen, supplements might help you feel a little more feminine and girly. :)

1695 1696

Luna

There is a certain amount of fatty tissue in our breasts but there are a lot of glands, too - and that's what gives us shape. (So gaining weight might increase their size a little but we'd probably put on more weight around our midsection, rather than the chest area.)
Breast-feeding is what increases breast size - because the glands fill up with breast milk.

Developing our pecs (specifically the pectoralis major muscles) might be a better way to acquire some shape in the chest region. (Have you ever seen some of those weight lifters! You could put a dress on them and take a picture from the neck down and you'd swear it was a woman! And those "breasts" don't sag either! :D)

Was your mom (or other women in your family) small-breasted? It might be hereditary.
It sounds like you might have a very good metabolism, too (which doesn't help if we want curves).

Cross-dressers and women who've had a mastectomy often put foam rubber forms into their bras to give them shape under their clothing.

You might want to get your estrogen level checked, also. I don't know if estrogen supplements would help your breast size but if you have a low level of estrogen, supplements might help you feel a little more feminine and girly. :)

View attachment 1695 View attachment 1696
Thanks for your reply.
Muscle training, how have I not considered that before? I'll try look for some chest workout.
My mom and her side of family all have normal sized breasts. My sister is normal as well.
I've never seen my dad's side of family so that might have had something to do with it. Though I can't be sure.
Putting something in a bra was something that I considered before but I gave up because it would be too obvious to the people around me.
I don't mind my mom and sister knowing but I'm not comfortable letting any male know about that.
I'll ask my doctor about estrogen levels. Really hoping that's the case 'cause I don't see any other reason why I'm flat.

Again, thanks a lot for replying. You gave me some much needed hope :)

Christinegirl

Staff member
It would be great if they made Kleenex tissue in "breast shape" and we could add one tissue each day. That way we could increase our bust size gradually (and hopefully people wouldn't notice). ;)
(I wouldn't be comfortable letting any male know about that either.)

You're very welcome, hon. I hope everything works out.

P.S. I love your avatar - it's so cute! ☺