• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Is it normal that a very attractive and popular guy in college gets away with lots of things?

Joanna2000

When I was in college up until about 2 years ago, there was a guy in my class who all the girls from day one had found hugely attractive - basically, he was like the stereotypical 6'6 Greek god with a perfect face - and one thing that I always noticed was that he seemed to get away with lots of things.
He would always get invitations from girls on dates right from the very beginning, and this gave him a reputation of sleeping around a lot, and this was sort of supported by the fact that he always switched girls - I saw him with a new girl pretty much every week, and I had heard a few girls from my class tell me that he had indeed cheated on them, but they still tried to find explanations for this (such as maybe he never thought of them as actual partners and things like that).
The point is that he seemed to be able to cheat on girls if he wanted to do that, and apparently could get away with it without getting a particularly bad reputation
In fact, I could sometimes see him get aoproached by several girls at once, who tried to snag him, and he would either agree on a date with one of them at a time, or decide to hang out with all of them.
He also seemed to be able to get a bit physical with girls from our class, like for example he could embrace some random girl while she was at her locker for a while, and I could even see him spontaneously spank girls a little bit if he was behind them - not in super-ovious ways of course, but enough so that I could see it.
And those girls never seemed troubled by that, they just giggled at it and looked a bit surprised, and seemed to take it as a compliment, kind of like "wow I get attention from the hot guy".
I do think that most girls in our class were interested in him, and he would generally do these things to girls who had flirted with him at some point.
I personally stayed away from him, since I didn't trust him, so I didn't get that much contact with him, apart from some spontaneous flirting if ge caught me looking at him.

Is it common for a guy like him to get away with being a physical player like this?
How does this work?

Last edited:

Anzu21

The same can be said for the pretty popular girl in high school. It's sad, but the hard truth is: it doesn't matter what your personality is, as long as you have a pretty face. There's people, like the college guy you described, that get away with murder (sometimes literally) just because they're a hunk! Think Ted Bundy or Bill Clinton! Both were terrible people but yet they got women like crazy!

I think it's also good that you keep away from him. You don't need that kind of drama in your life! Especially with a player!

Joanna2000

The same can be said for the pretty popular girl in high school. It's sad, but the hard truth is: it doesn't matter what your personality is, as long as you have a pretty face. There's people, like the college guy you described, that get away with murder (sometimes literally) just because they're a hunk! Think Ted Bundy or Bill Clinton! Both were terrible people but yet they got women like crazy!

I think it's also good that you keep away from him. You don't need that kind of drama in your life! Especially with a player!
The thing is that I am not sure if he was necessarily a bad guy or anything;
it seemed to me as if he saw his dates as one-night-stands, and that it was mostly the girls who told themselves that it was supposed to be a kind of relationship.
And if they did see it as something like that, then it would seem that he technically did get away with something that seemed like cheating, even though he didn't mean it.

The things that I noticed the most though were the fact that he had an actual habit of slapping girls in our class on their butt - it happened probably every week - as well as embrace them a bit at their lockers with his hands on their belly, and they would always seem to melt and look proud about it, so they seemed to genuinely love it.
Is it really a common scenario that a guy like him would get those reactions from that kind of casual physical treatment?

The best explanation that I can think of is that he got those girls to feel like "wow he is noticing me now!", and hoped that they were his next flirt from that point.

Last edited: