• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

If your parents say no..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penelope

I wonder whether anyone would really follow one's parents advice of not wanting their offspring to date. Nothing is a waste of time in this world as every thing has its own benefits. Even if it is a failed date, you still benefit from it in the form of gaining experience.

¯

(¯'·._.·[Tùt§ì®Åï]·._.·'¯

Well what else can you do

Georgina

Well I have to disagree, sorry! I think that there has to be a balance and this is what your parents are really interested in. There is time to date when you are older, but when you still have school work to take care of it really should come first.

Karla

I know when I did well with my school work and acted really responsible towards the things I was assigned to do, then it was easier for my parents to trust me on a date. It took a while for them to trust me completely but once they did, I made sure I didn't do anything stupid like taking drugs and having sex with the first boy that comes along.

Since I am older now, I do this a bit differently.

beanie

If I could tally up all the time I spent doing silly things (like what your parents are talking about now) instead of school work, I am sure I would have ended up with a higher GPA, and a better track record for exes in my life.

unicorn96

well I never talk to my parents about my dating affairs. I know their reaction, I mean they'd obviously say no bla bla. So I just learned to keep some things to myself.

Farrah

I should probably be the last person on Earth advocating for their parents in this regard, because trust me, we have had many a fight over this. However, I'd be the first to admit that they were largely right about dating, especially dating when schoolwork should have been a priority. Trust me, there is a lot of time to 'catch up' on the datin scene, the same is not true about your education.

lola

I don't know if there is a good answer to this without knowing more. Are you not getting schoolwork completed? Many times parents will tell you or force you to do things that they think are for your own good, even if it does not make sense, a lot of the time they have good intentions in mind.

Lynette

Well, I think that you could go for a date if you have completed all your homeworks and have lots of time and does not know what to do. I know your parents might not allow it but you could at least try to persuade them by telling them that this thing is bound to happen sooner or later.

" If" ?
Ha ha. My parents still wouldn't let me go on a date whether I'll be 80's :X~

Basically,Every parents tell their kids not to go on the date.. My dad is over possesive with me.
But I think one should date and experience the whole 'thrills' so that in future,they wouldn't repeat their past mistakes again. And that's even a plus point if they start dating at 12 or 13,they kids,so small things wont matter..but if you become mature and you're having a serious relation ship,small things will matter always. SO yeah.
And it's always good to experience things. ;-]

If I were a parent,I would definately let my kids date....Ha ha.I'll be a cool mom xD

SweetShadab

If u really wanna spend some time with him....the simplest method is to date him online....I know it sounds a little strange...but u gotta do what u gotta do.

Why don't u intimidate ur parents and ask them why they dont want u 2 date TY. There HAS to be a good reason why they won't agree.

If u really wanna spend some time with him....the simplest method is to date him online....I know it sounds a little strange...but u gotta do what u gotta do.
Uh,Online dating? I have to disagree with you this moment. Online dating is like the most stupidest thing on earth. Kids from different states date ! Like ew. If the guy would cheat on you,You wouldn't know! And it's not a good commitment at all. Dating should be in real life only. Where you can touch him...talk to him...see his expressions...I mean,You can't just live with those Emoticons that he expresses to let you know how he feels,right? You need to be real. :clock:

Why don't u intimidate ur parents and ask them why they dont want u 2 date TY. There HAS to be a good reason why they won't agree.
A - Because parents dont want their kids to get involved into 'sex' . B - They are just being ....parents?!
BOOMMMMM!!!~~~ :painkiller:

SweetShadab

Hahaha nice reasons Demon.......online dating DOES seem cheap....and ur right about the parents and boys issue 2. I stand corrected. xD

Karla

Maybe your parents remember the kind of stuff they did as teenagers or the things that happened to their friends and wants to shield you from it, we don't have to make a mistake to actually learn from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.