• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

I wear too much black?

What's your favourite nail polish colour?

• Red

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Black

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Blue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green

• Yellow

• Purple

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Pink

• Silver

• Gold

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Other

• Total voters

Mally126

Hi,
By the title, I find that seems to be the case, especially lately oddly enough.
Whenever I go clothes shopping, I find myself looking at black things, especially when it comes to jeans. It'll be the first thing I'll look at. When I go to get dressed in the morning, and decide what to wear for the day, I'll look at colours, and realise I've picked out a lot of black together, so I'll go back and switch something.
This isn't even a recent thing, as I can remember being as young as eight and wanting my nails painted, and my mom varnishing them black because I'd asked for it.
So the question is, is too much of one colour "too much"? (If that makes sense?)
And what draws me to black of all colours? I'm not saying I don't wear other colours, it just seems that I have a tendency to choose black over others.

Twobitgirl

Just a figment
Nothing wrong with black. It goes with everything. If you like it and you like how it looks, that's your preference and personality. Own it and make it rock. I wouldn't hesitate to do so myself.
As far as the poll, I put 'Other' because I usually wear earth tones and cream enamels on my nails.

rabbithabit

i tend toward pink but have many black outfits. most friends think i look best in black outfits to offset my skin. all my lipstick, polish and undies are pink or black.

Linda1990

I think that's ok. I was wearing black a while ago, then one day realized I have too many dark clothes and started to buy more colorful and now I have very random colors clothes.

VanessaEvans

Hi,
By the title, I find that seems to be the case, especially lately oddly enough.
Whenever I go clothes shopping, I find myself looking at black things, especially when it comes to jeans. It'll be the first thing I'll look at. When I go to get dressed in the morning, and decide what to wear for the day, I'll look at colours, and realise I've picked out a lot of black together, so I'll go back and switch something.
This isn't even a recent thing, as I can remember being as young as eight and wanting my nails painted, and my mom varnishing them black because I'd asked for it.
So the question is, is too much of one colour "too much"? (If that makes sense?)
And what draws me to black of all colours? I'm not saying I don't wear other colours, it just seems that I have a tendency to choose black over others.
Black is classy ☺

elixirhtcisb

Everyone have thier own style and choice about clothes color and things related to fashion and style the make the person perfect , I would love to have white color and green ...

ChoManon

I have a friend just like you, she loves black clothes and would only wear them. I don't think i've never seen her wear bright colors ever. I also used to wear black in the past because it made me feel powerful (I know it's kinda silly) and i'm planning to switch back to it this winter!
Anyways i don't think it's a problem as long as you are fine with it. If you look good in black then go for it! nothing wrong with that.