• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

I Think I May Have A Rival.

This slightly worries me.
I have this friend who is close, funnily enough she and her boyfriend were the reason why my boyfriend had the courage to ask me out. I feel like she loves attention and craves it when it is currently not on her. She directs the topic onto herself by murmuring a few words.
I will just say it how it is, she is filthy rich. This is not the reason why I am her friend, we have things in common but like those common few, there may be a few things we don't agree on. Anyway, if somebody states an item they have recently purchased, she replies in a disinterested tone, 'Oh, I have that. In every colour/flavour/style.' One time, I was talking about a friend of mine who does not attend our school and how she dreams o becoming a beautician, I also explained how her skills could really make her big at least locally. My close friend just completely ignored me and said,'I can do really good makeup, I could probably make a lot o money out of it too.' (In my opinion, she just smacks on the thing and it looks good because it is good quality cosmetics, not because she is skilled in any way with brushes and tools).

It is not just when other people are mentioned, but also our relationships. My boyfriend and I are currently the newest couple in our school (three months on 15th March), somebody once asked me in P.E whether we had kissed yet and my close friend did not even allow me to speak and blurted out something that not even her friends, including me, were aware of: 'Oh -insert name- gave me a love bite here, it's taking quite a while to get rid of because he bit on it too.' She once brought up what her boyfriend bought her, it was expensive but I was really annoyed because I caught on what she was attempting to do and I played her game. She ended losing as she couldn't match the £50 worth necklace my boyfriend bought me (I wear it everyday and I did not intend to brag if anybody thinks that's what I'm doing)...

And another thing she cannot help being number two in is relationships with siblings. As far as I know, she despises her sister but gets her sister so many things that her sister just has to tell everybody how nice she is. My sister and I have a pretty good relationship, she is currently ten (the same age as her sister, they are even friends like us) and she has noticed this too. I cannot tell whether she is bothered that my friend and her sister keep questioning whether I actuallycare for my sister because I have not purchased her anything pricey... Is she a rival, or am I just jealous?

Last edited by a moderator:

destinylynnxoxo

to be honest, i felt the same way about a lot of girls that i went to school with. but as i got older i realized, all they have is material things so they have to constantly brag about them to make themselves better. she could have a lot going on at home or emotionally and thats just her way of coping. i would try to talk to her about it and ask why shes always doing that. yes it gets annoying, but it could be a cry for help that maybe she just needs a friend.

That's a good idea, but being a close friend I mean constantly in her home, friends since ten years of age when she first moved to my school. Her mother and her are like two peas in a pod and develop similar interests, her big brothers are more like her best friend and her father? He's their cash machine and he doesn't even leave home. My younger sister is friends with my close friend's sister, she whines and agrees that she even does the same thing. Her younger sister was the reason my sister wanted an IPhone...

Last edited by a moderator:

destinylynnxoxo

idk maybe her and her sister have issues with their father..? i would still sit down and try to talk to her without making her feel offended. eventually you're gonna get sick of it and snap, then you could ruin the friendship forever.