• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

I like my ex again... but I'm still in a relationship right now

Flowergurl

I may sounded like an asshole, but, I like my ex while dating my current boyfriend.

So, I used to date this guy, he's my high school sweetheart, and he's a sweetheart, alright, a nice guy who cares a lot about his partner and the future together.

Broke up with him because I can't stand my families hating on him because he's on different race (yes, I have big families, 9 siblings on my mom's side and 4 siblings on my dad's side). It's such a pain seeing him have to endure being called "black", "ugly", and "poor".

He cried when the sentence "let's break up" came from my mouth, after hours of talk, our relationship ended, we agreed that my parents just won't accept different race, chinese blood runs in our family and it's a shame for them if their daughter marries different race.

Maybe some of you have read my previous thread about my rant on my current boyfriend, yes, after that argument, he came to me the next day with cakes and flowers asking for forgiveness. I forgave him since it's really sweet of him.

But, I just can't click with him, he's not someone who's easy to talk to (that's the reason I go to this forum for advices). He's also really religious, and I'm not comfortable with it, he hated my beliefs and religion (I'm a catholic and he's a muslim) and he always says something like "maybe I'll die tomorrow", is that what religious people wished for? I dunno, I'm just pretty uncomfortable with it. I found a notebook of his, containing the studies he did of his religion, it has some essays in it and a conclusion sentence of "in conclusions, all popes are fakes, and all catholics are shits".

Anyway, I recently decided to make a legit website for our comic, since it has been pretty successful. My comic partner decided to look for the web designer, she said she got it after weeks of searching, we schedule our meetings (each of us use pen names), and bada bing bada boom, my ex is the one who accepted the "wanted web designer" job. We had a meeting for an hour discussing the website content.

After the meeting ends, I cried, oh how I missed his unique laughing voice, his way of fixing his glasses when he's trying to explain, and his soft voice. It had been months, a year even since I last saw him. It hurts even more for me since we broke up while we're both still have romantic feelings towards each other. Am I an asshole? I mean, I'm dating someone right now. What should I do at this point? I'm really lost, since my current boyfriend, maybe it's just my assumption that he's bad, because he's trying really hard to be sweet to me.

Christinegirl

Staff member
Kick your current boyfriend to the curb and get back together with your ex. It's a sign! :D

But seriously, you're not an a-hole, hon. You can't help how you feel. And your ex sounds like a good guy - a whole lot better than your current boyfriend. I can understand why you still have feelings for your ex - especially considering the fact that if it wasn't for your family, you might still be with him.

What does the current boyfriend mean when he says maybe he'll die tomorrow?

Religious people usually want to live because they know what a precious gift life is.
Religious people are also supposed to be tolerant and understanding of other people's religions, not make the kind of statements he makes. Doesn't he realize you're Catholic!

The meeting with your ex must have been so unusual, maybe even uncomfortable. Though I'm really hoping you'll break it off with your current boyfriend, get back together with your ex, and somehow your family will accept him (or it won't bother you so much if they don't).
Please let us know how things go (if you'd like). :)

Rabbits

Kick your current boyfriend to the curb and get back together with your ex. It's a sign! :D

But seriously, you're not an a-hole, hon. You can't help how you feel. And your ex sounds like a good guy - a whole lot better than your current boyfriend. I can understand why you still have feelings for your ex - especially considering the fact that if it wasn't for your family, you might still be with him.

What does the current boyfriend mean when he says maybe he'll die tomorrow?

Religious people usually want to live because they know what a precious gift life is.
Religious people are also supposed to be tolerant and understanding of other people's religions, not make the kind of statements he makes. Doesn't he realize you're Catholic!

The meeting with your ex must have been so unusual, maybe even uncomfortable. Though I'm really hoping you'll break it off with your current boyfriend, get back together with your ex, and somehow your family will accept him (or it won't bother you so much if they don't).
Please let us know how things go (if you'd like). :)
Why dose someone keep taking off my posts they keep saying that they are duplicates but they weren't all about the same things and i might of mentioned similar things in some of other people's threads but its natural to mention ones own life to other people in conversations I would like you to me what's going on with it thank you