• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

I got myself a little situation .ladies please help

sandy brady

Hi
So am at university and I ave known this guy i crush on for about 2 years now. Last year i told him I liked him and he said he had just broken up with his then gf and that they "had an understanding" . We went and got coffee a few times and hung out a few times . He would always flirt and say stuff to compliment me. The way he phrases things is odd though and i feel he s hiding something like he says "for conventional standards your really pretty" -_- We were hanging out without anybody knowing about it. ESP his ex gf.
So this year has been no diff, we hang out and its cool then she calls him and he panics and like starts packing away and calling her to explain his location etc. Literally one day I passed this interview and we went to get waffles to celebrate. She called him 30 TIMES! and he was PANICKING . he would start over thinking and saying stuff like " i ll need an excuse" . He is a grown man. Then on the train he goes quiet and as SOON as there is connection he calls her and explains himself. When I ask if they are dating he says no. she also tells our friends that they are not dating.
He s just odd.
Over text he s normal and in person he s fine but he has this fear of leaving written proof. and would never say anything useful over text.
Over the xmas holiday I wanted to go to a spa and he did too so we went "as friends" and it was fine . until he like tried to hug me and i sorta backed away because i was done with his BS. He then said the most irritating thing. Usually we dont hold hands or anything. I had only kissed him on the cheek once. Lets call him James. He said "I can give you one james coupon to use for anything you want me to do" . which irritated me becasue it made me feel like he wants me to make the first move so he can later tell her "i didnt kiss her, she kissed me" which agrivated me .
What is he up to ? do you think he s playing me (she s his only ever gf - they dated for about 1 year- they were each other s firstts) ?

rabbithabit

there is something emotional wrong in his mind to treat an ex's of two years past. are you sure they are broken up as he seems to be treating her as his current significant one and you as a potential friend with benefits.

i would lay the cards on the table and tell him you are confused by the way he goes crazy every time his ex's buzzs him. tell him you are not interested in playing around with james coupons. until he can clean break with his ex you will maintain a platonic relationship with him only.

sandy brady

there is something emotional wrong in his mind to treat an ex's of two years past. are you sure they are broken up as he seems to be treating her as his current significant one and you as a potential friend with benefits.

i would lay the cards on the table and tell him you are confused by the way he goes crazy every time his ex's buzzs him. tell him you are not interested in playing around with james coupons. until he can clean break with his ex you will maintain a platonic relationship with him only.
Thanks for replying to me x appreciated.
they are deffo broken up as they have both admitted it to everyone. i have told him many times that its slightly creepy how they are . we arent friends with benefits since we literally do not even hold hands. whenever i tell him that he s leading her on through his behaviour he says "oh she s at a bad place and i dont wanna make her feel alone"
*ROLLES EYES at him *

avocado princess

he sounds a bit emotionally unstable and a little toxic! Also, thats a really backhanded compliment to tell you you're pretty "for conventional standards". YOU DESERVE BETTER.

Last edited by a moderator: