1. Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

How to make hair stay straight?

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Styles!' started by Mally126, Jun 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Mally126

Mally126 New Member

Hi,
    My hair is naturally wavy/curly, and somewhat thick. After showering, and washing and drying my hair, I have to straighten it to make it look tidy, otherwise it doesn't look like I've even brushed it (even though I have). So here's the problem:
    I have both a straightening iron and a straightening brush, both straighten my hair fantastically well, they both smooth out all the curls, even my fringe (which is curlier as it's shorter). But I can spend ages straightening my hair until it's perfectly straight, but it never seems to STAY straight. Around afternoon, the waves/curls are coming back, even if I use heat protector.
    What do you suggest?

2. rabbithabit

rabbithabit Active Member

Smooth a dime-size amount of a straightening creme throughout the hair to get it ready for flat iron and blow drying. don't overdo it too much will make hair limp instead of straight. use a round bristle brush. carefully comb hair straight will blow drying. add herbal gel to keep hair straight as possible.

3. Mally126

Mally126 New Member

Hi rabbithabit, thanks for your reply.
    What sort of straightening creme do you recommend? I'm looking for reasonably priced, yet decent. My hair is somewhat thick (as mentioned) and is around collar bone length.

4. rabbithabit

Mally, I Use L ’Oreal Paris Studio Line Silk Gloss Hot Straighten Cream. Usually Last Two or Three Days.

Luv Sha

5. LisaFlitcher

LisaFlitcher Member

I have preferred for smoothening in order to make my hair straight.

6. rabbithabit

lisa, smoothing is required no matter what treatment you apply.

7. stylishandfab

stylishandfab New Member

I think it also depends on the hair iron you're using. Most of the time, especially if you have thick hair, you need to invest in a really good hair straightener. What brand are you currently using? I would suggest maybe trying something from Cloud Nine. The Wide Iron one that they have works really well for thick hair. And you can even use it on slightly damp hair, so less time using a blow dryer, I say.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2017
    April likes this.
  8. Mally126

Mally126 New Member

Hi, my straighteners don't have a brand, they're just a generic pair with ceramic plates.

9. April

April New Member

I've just started using this one that steams my hair too which is super hydrating! I absolutely love this tool. My hair stays straight all day long!
    [​IMG]

10. Amanda Brussels

Amanda Brussels New Member

Do you have a photo of your hair so we can see it? wavy hair is sexy! embrace it! :)

11. Mally126

Mally126 New Member

I don't currently have any photos of it, sorry.
    As mentioned in the first post, if left natural and loose it looks messy as if it hasn't been brushed, even though it has been. It's especially worse after blow drying, which turns it into frizz which of course looks untidy! I'm not saying I don't like curly or wavy hair though.

12. Katharina

Katharina New Member

Hi, Mally.
    I so understand you, because I had the same problem:(. I tried so many oils, but nothing helped. Unfortunately, I understood that only hair straightener will be able to help me. Therefore I decided to invest in a good one. I chose it on BestAdvisor. I think the name of this site says for itself;) At least I don't impair my hair and don't spend much time of this process:D. The length of my hair reaches the waist, but I spend only 15 minutes for making my hair flat and tidy. I think it worth it;)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017 at 7:53 AM